For those of us blessed with curly or wavy hair, we constantly wonder how to get silky straight hair. It’s adaptable, it’s manageable and lends itself to various different hairstyles. Why wouldn’t we want it? The problem is, without subjecting our hair to heavy chemical treatments, running to the salon for a blow-dry or straightening it with an iron every day, we can’t achieve this. Even worse, most of these remedies are temporary and can cause long term damage to your hair.
There is hope though. Natural hair straightening does exist. These 7 home remedies for straight hair show you how to get straight hair naturally, and avoid damaging it in the process.
1. Egg and Olive Oil:
Egg and olive oil work wonders to nourish your hair and make it strong. But did you also know that they can straighten your hair? For this home remedy all you need is
- 2 eggs and 1 part olive oil.
- Mix them together thoroughly and apply it on your scalp.
- Wash this off in an hour.
2. Milk, Honey and Strawberries:
Sounds delicious doesn’t it? However, milk has proven to be an excellent natural straightener. Rich in protein, milk smoothes out your hair and fortifies the hair shaft.
For this treatment,
- Mix milk with two tablespoons of honey
- Then add fresh, crushed strawberries.
- Apply this on your hair and wrap a towel around it.
- After 2-3 hours, wash it off.
3. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is choc-a-bloc with enzymes that promote hair growth and keep your hair soft and smooth. It also penetrates the hair, moisturizing it thoroughly, reducing the chance of frizz or curls.
Steps for this treatment:
- Mix half a cup of warm oil and half a cup of aloe vera.
- Apply this pack to your hair
- Wash it out after 30-40 minutes!
4. Castor Oil:
Amongst its other benefits like treating skin infections, stomach problems and constipation, castor oil works wonders for straightening your hair.
For this remedy,
- Warm the oil and massage it into your hair.
- Wrap a warm, damp towel around it and keep it on for 30 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with a gentle shampoo like Pantene.
One of the more popular remedies – vinegar is well known for adding sleekness and shine to your hair. After you’ve rinsed out the conditioner from your hair, add some drops of vinegar into a mug of cold water and rinse out your hair one last time with it.
6. Lemon Juice and Coconut Milk:
When people ask how to straighten hair naturally? – the answer is lemon juice. It is a natural straightener. Additionally, if you mix it with coconut milk, it gets the benefit of the creamy milk, which acts as a conditioner. Apply this mixture on the strands of your hair and then wash it out with lukewarm water.