Snacking can help you get in all the nutrients you need. But on the flipside, grazing all day—particularly on foods with little nutritional value and high calories may result in eating too much and packing on extra pounds. Don’t worry, we will share recipes of Healthy, low-calorie snacks to satisfy those between-meal diet cravings and give you an energy boost.
Try these 6 healthy snacks that aren’t too high in calories because if you’re trying to lose weight, 100 calories is a good option!
Here are the recipes!
If you are a potato lover, here’s something for you. Take 60 to 70 grams of boiled and mashed potato; add some salt and black pepper to it. Do not add oil or butter as it will only pack more calories.
Egg Whites and Toast
Toast one slice whole-wheat bread and top with two scrambled egg whites. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper and paprika.
Carrots and Hummus
Chow down on 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus. Jazz it up with fresh herbs like dill or parsley.
Take about 20 grams of yogurt and mix about five grams of fruits. Since fruits are sweet and may pack up many calories, so keep their quantity in moderation. However, you can add as many veggies you’d like to eat.
Top 1 cup raw spinach with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar and 3/4 cup diced watermelon. Spinach has a ton of vitamin K (which helps blood clot properly when you get cut) and vitamin A (which is good for your eyes).
Kiwi and Coconut
Slice one large kiwi and top with 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut. One kiwi has all the vitamin C to meet the daily recommended value.
100-Calorie Snacks That Are Sweet
- 1/4 cup loosely packed raisins
- 6-ounce glass orange juice (make frozen pops for a cooling treat)
- JELL-O fat-free chocolate, caramel or vanilla pudding
- one half of a whole wheat English muffin with 2 teaspoons of jelly
- 100-calorie Greek yogurt snack packs (multiple flavors)
- 1/2 (small) apple with 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- one cup of unsweetened applesauce
- a frozen fudge pop or a frozen treat by brands such as Skinny Cow or Halotop
- one cup of mixed berries (try raspberries, blueberries or blackberries)
- a home-made mock S’more: reduced-fat Graham cracker, topped with a jumbo marshmallow and drizzled with chocolate syrup
- one banana
- one cup of grapes (try them frozen!)
- two or three meringue cookies (depending on the size)
Note- Be sure to measure portion sizes to keep your diet on track.
Salty Healthy Snacks
- 3 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup of 2-percent low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup Progresso Light Chicken & Cheese Enchilada Soup
- 4 whole wheat crackers and 2 servings of fat-free cheese
- 6 saltine crackers with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
- one hard-boiled egg
- a lettuce roll-up stuffed with a single slice of ham or beef and cabbage, carrots, or peppers
- one ounce cream cheese with 4-5 celery sticks
- one ounce cheddar cheese with 4-5 radishes
- a half cucumber (seeded) stuffed with one thin slice of lean turkey and mustard or fat-free mayonnaise
- a small tomato salad: cubed tomato, sliced cucumber, sprinkled with feta, salt, and pepper
- 4-5 cucumber slices topped with cottage cheese and salt and pepper
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight & Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up
Do not forget to share your experience in the comments section! We Would love to hear your beautiful thoughts!