To make the weight loss journey more effective and efficient, it is important to consume detox drinks because when we start our weight loss journey, the first school of thought we are presented with is to be high on liquids. Homemade weight loss drinks are natural alternatives which will help you shed weight without any health risks.
Drink your way thin with these 3 powerful weight loss drinks that will supercharge your metabolism so you can slim down fast.
Tulsi is one of the magical herbs used for a long time in Ayurveda. It has immensely beneficial medical properties which can help to cure all kinds of ailments. It is a very easy herb to grown and can be found in most Indian households.
Many people do not like to chew leaves, you can add them to water and drink the healthful beverage to lose weight. Take some tulsi leaves, put them in a tumbler of water overnight. Drink it first thing in the morning. You can also choose to start your day with Tulsi tea. Steep tulsi leaves in hot water for ten minutes, and some freshly chopped ginger in boiling water and drink.
Benefits of basil water
- Helps to fight fever and other bacterial and viral infections;
- Improves immunity and helps in recovery from dengue, malaria, hepatitis, tuberculosis and swine flu;
- Detoxifies the body and skin;
- Has antibiotic and anti-carcinogenic properties;
- Aids in overcoming respiratory illnesses;
- Aids digestion and relieves stress;
- Contains vitamins A, C, and essential oils;
- Helps diabetics keep blood sugar levels in check;
- Maintains dental health.
Also known as Ginger tea, Ginger water is prepared by boiling freshly cut pieces of ginger root with water.
You can also take half teaspoon grated ginger and boil it in 3 cups of water. Let the ginger steep in water for about ten minutes. Use a strainer and pour the water in glasses. Consume lukewarm.
This is how this infusion helps you
- Decreases joint pain and inflammation;
- Gives relief from nausea;
- Has antioxidants, which reduce the number of harmful free radicals in your body;
- Has anti-carcinogenic properties;
- Aids in digestion and helps to fight against cold.
Fennel seeds help in digestion and metabolism, leading better absorption of nutrients from food, hence less hunger pangs, further helping in weight loss.
Here’s How To Make Fennel Seeds Water/Tea
Also Called Fennel seeds tea, It’s also easy to make. You will need: 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, 500 ml water and a pan.
- Pour water in a pan and boil it to a temperature when the water starts boiling.
- Add the fennel seeds and turn off the flame immediately.
- Pour this hot mixture into a container and cover it with a lid. Let it cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, pour it in a glass and drink it.
- You can prepare fresh fennel seeds tea every day.
So, let’s take a vow to stay away from juices, colas and coffee and switch to detox water.
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight & Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up
Note: Consult your doctor before starting any weight-loss diet.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.