Kachoris are great as an appetizer or as part of a festive meal for any occasion. Upvas Batata Kachori is one of the numerous dishes that are prepared when people are fasting or having vrat/upas. Its is very delicious, crispy and crunchy. One of the most loved Indian snacks, this kachori is absolutely sensational
Just follow the recipe and we are sure you will fall for these Kachoris again and again.
Here’s Quick, Easy Delicious Batata Kachori Recipe at Awaaznation.com.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 25 mins
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 2 cups.
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon.
- Black salt – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Sugar – 1 tea spoon.
- Green chili – 1 tea spoon.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tea spoon.
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tablespoons.
- Oil – to fry.
- Salt – to taste
* Add 1 tbsp ghee/oil in a pan, when it is hot, add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, salt and little black salt. Cook this for few minutes.
* Now add sugar and mix well. Keep aside and cool this mixture.
* Take boiled, grated potatoes, add 1 tsp hot ghee, salt and cornflour. Mix these ingredients and form into dough.
* Divide dough into small portions and make lemon sized balls, keep aside.
* Take a dumpling of dough and slightly dusting some flour in your palm, flatten the dough and stuff some peanut and coconut mixture and seal it well with the potato mixture evenly on all sides.
* Heat oil in a pan, on low to medium heat and when it gets hot, drop the dumpling and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
* Take out on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
* Enjoy these kachoris with curd or coconut chutney.
Do you have any new recipe to share? Do tell us in the comments; we’d love to hear your thoughts.