Do you know black pepper is the dark horse of spices which has many health benefits and weight loss is one of them? You may not believe but turns out, this spice, which is found in every Indian household, can help you fight the bulge.
Black pepper is rich in minerals like magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium, phosphorous, iron, etc. Black pepper also contains dietary fibre and limited amounts of protein and carbohydrates. Consuming pepper facilitates digestion and prevents diarrhoea and constipation. Black pepper also prevents the formation of intestinal gas and promotes sweating and urination.
It is packed with Vitamin A, K, C, and minerals like calcium, potassium and sodium. Black pepper is also rich in healthy fats and dietary fiber which helps promote weight loss too.
So, if you want to lose weight to look good or to avoid obesity-related diseases, incorporate black pepper into your daily diet. Here are the 7 health benefits of black pepper and how you can use it in your food for weight loss.
Black pepper health benefits for weight loss in your diet
- The benefits of adding black pepper to your diet:
- Black Pepper boosts the metabolism
- It burns increases the calories you burn for hours after eating it
- Black Pepper prevents the creation of new fat cells
- It suppresses fat accumulation
- Black Pepper helps you absorb other nutrients from your foods
- The spice is natural anti-depressant and improves mood
- Black Pepper is an anti-oxidant which fights free radicals
How To Eat Black Pepper For Weight Loss
The best way to eat black pepper is to consume it directly. And if you can tolerate hot and pungent flavours, then it is best to eat 1-2 black peppercorns every morning for a healthy metabolism. But, if you have a low tolerance for hot and spicy things, then have it in the form of black pepper oil.
Another great way to consume black pepper is by having black pepper tea. Every day intake of black pepper tea is one of the best ways to promote speedy weight loss. All you need to do is just add 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to your tea. And, that’s it. To accelerate its affect, add other metabolism boosting herbs and spices like ginger, tulsi or cinnamon. To have a flat tummy, drink black pepper tea every morning.
For the ones who don’t fancy drinking tea can drink black pepper juice. It is an equally good option to aid weight loss quickly.
Include black pepper in your fruit or vegetable juice to improve digestion and help you with weight loss.
Black pepper tea recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 inch ginger root
- One green tea bag
- 1 cup water
How To Prepare
- Use a mortar and pestle to crush the ginger root.
- Let the cup of water come to a boil and add the crushed ginger.
- Boil it for 5 minutes and strain it into a cup.
- Soak the green tea bag for not more than 2 minutes.
- Add black pepper and stir well before drinking.
Note- Do not consume it in large quantity! A pinch of black pepper in enough.
Share this article! If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones.
Do you love black pepper or would you like to try it for its health benefits? Let us know in the comments section below! We would love to hear from you!
Note: Always consult a health practitioner before beginning any natural health routine.