Carom seeds also known as Ajwain is really good for skin, hair, digestion, cold related problems. Carom seeds are also known as ajowan or Ajwain and Bishop’s weed. Ajwain is considered to be a vital herb of Indian kitchens. Apart from treating an upset stomach, it also has many other health benefits. It can also help you lose weight. Awesome, isn’t it?
Here are health benefits of Ajwain and 4 recipes of Ajwain water that are known to make you slim within few weeks.
Medicinal Importance Of Ajwain Seeds:
Ajwain is popular for its health and medicinal values. People find ajwain to be very beneficial for the following:
- Cardiac problems
- Nasal blockage
- Killing worms in stomach of children
- Indigestion and acid reflux
The Ajwain seeds contain an essential oil called thymol which increases the secretion of gastric juices helping in better digestion. The seeds also provide relief from abdominal gas, flatulence and speed up the body metabolism. It also acts as a natural antioxidant, removing toxic build ups from the body, making it easy to lose weight.
Ajwain Water Recipe
Ingredients- 1 tablespoon carom seeds, 500 ml water and 1 pan.
- Roast the carom seeds in a pan till they change color and aroma.
- Next, keep 500 ml of water to boil in a pan.
- After it starts bubbling, add the roasted carom seeds to it.
- Let the water boil for a while until it changes its color to a golden brown shade. Allow the mixture to cool for a while so that the flavor of carom seeds seeps properly in the water.
- Strain the mixture to separate the ajwain from the water.
- Drink throughout the day to gain maximum benefits (Max 2 Glass).
Ajwain and fennel seeds
Ingredients- 100 grams ajwain seeds, 100 grams fennel seeds, grinder,
- Dry roast each ingredient separately on a low flame until it changes color.
- Grind both in a grinder after they have cooled down. Fill the mixture in a container for future use.
- Use ½ tablespoon of the mixture daily with plain or lukewarm water to gain maximum benefits in losing weight.
Ajwain and honey water
- Soak 25 gms of ajwain seeds in a glass of water (250 ml) overnight.
- he next morning, strain the glass of water and mix a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink the water on an empty stomach every day. Sip it instead of your daily caffeine.
You can make ajwain powder at home also.
- Take ajwain, fenugreek in equal proportions and dry roast them separately.
- Mix them together and grind the mixture till it becomes smooth and fine like powder.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container and have a teaspoonful of powder with warm water every day before going to bed.
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight & Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up
Now you can easily give this magical seed a try. And don’t forget to share with us your results in the comments section below!
Note: Consult your doctor before starting any weight-loss diet.