While we’ve praised coconut oil over and over again, let’s not forget about its equally amazing sibling: coconut milk. High in healthy fatty acids, proteins and vitamin E, coconut milk has excellent moisturising and repairing properties which can give you amazing skin.
Coconut milk does not discriminate, it’s literally great for all skin and hair types. The fatty acids that coconut milk is known for are naturally antiseptic and do not have a habit of clogging pores, meaning you can clean and hydrate your skin at the same time
Explore Benefits Of Coconut Milk For Healthy Skin & Face
How To Make Coconut Milk:
- Start by heating the water and before it starts boiling, pour it into the blender over the shredded coconut.
- Blend for two minutes and strain the mix.
- And there you have your coconut milk.
You can use the coconut milk in multiple ways.
Use Coconut Milk As An Exfoliator:
– Mix coconut milk with powdered oats and scrub your skin.
– Leave it on for two to five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
– As an extra treat to dry skin, you can add some honey to this mix, and leave on the skin as a face pack for 15 minutes.
– This will moisturise and lighten the skin. Extra dry skin? A few drops of almond oil will give you the ultimate luxury face pack.
– Another way to use coconut milk as an exfoliator is to mix it with some coconut oil and roughly grounded sugar.
– Your skin will look super smooth and glow after you use this scrub and wash off.
– Just be gentle or you will be left with raw skin.
As makeup remover
Coconut milk can act as a non-drying makeup remover which is suitable for all skin types. Just dip a cotton ball into fresh coconut milk and remove your makeup gently. The fatty acids present in the milk will dissolve the stubborn makeup along with nourishing the skin.
How To Use Coconut Milk For Skin Whitening
When mixed with milk powder, coconut milk works as a skin whitener.
The same goes with a turmeric and coconut milk paste that can be used up to three times a week. Also Read: 5 Surprising Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water Daily
Prevents Premature Ageing
Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin. It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
You can soak 4 almonds overnight, and peel their skins off in the morning, grind into a smooth paste and add 8-9 drops of coconut milk.
Mix well and apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, and wash it off with cold water.
Here is How to Moisturise Your Skin By Coconut Milk
We’ve all heard of taking a milk bath, right? Well, it’s time to use coconut milk instead. It is a great moisturiser due its soothing properties.
You can rub coconut milk on your skin directly for 20-30 minutes to combat dryness and promote healthy glowing skin. You can even add 1 cup of rose petals, ½ cup of rose water and 1 cup of coconut milk to lukewarm water in a tub. Soaking in this bath for about 15 minutes will help restore moisture in dry skin. Also, you can grind 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal and mix it with 1-2 cups of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. It works wonders!
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!