Nasal congestion is a very common condition. In fact, most people get a stuffy nose from time to time.
A stuffy nose can make people feel awful. Those who are all stuffed up want relief quickly so that they can breathe easily again. Don’t let that nasty cold get the best of you. Fortunately, there are many treatments for a stuffy nose, ranging from home remedies to medications.
Here are 8 effective home remedies to get rid of a stuffy nose:
1. Steam: Inhaling steam is not only one of the best treatments for a stuffy nose but it also helps in other respiratory issues like influenza and sinus. To make it easier you can use a steamer and fill it up with boiling water. Put your head down over the nozzle, place a towel around your head and inhale the steam, make sure there is no room for the steam generated to escape. Gradually, try to breathe in and breathe out, and repeat the process until you are able to breathe freely.
2. Onion: Onion is a powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals. It is loaded with health benefiting properties and can come to great help in getting rid of stuffy nose. Smelling a peeled onion for 5 minutes may also prove effective in clearing nasal congestion and facilitate easy breathing .
3. Saline solution: Mix a teaspoon of table salt in warm water and pour the solution into your nostrils with the help of a dropper. This will directly impact the thinning of the mucus, and you will be able to breathe clean finally!
4. Lemon: This pungent treatment can treat that nasty blocked nose! Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and about half a teaspoon of black pepper powder with a bit of salt and apply this mixture on to your nose, leave it on for few minutes and watch the magic. Also Read: Superb Benefits of Lemon Peels For Heath & Skin! Here’s How To Use Lemon Peels
5. Garlic: You can prepare a garlic soup by crushing 2 to 3 garlic cloves in boilng water, or just have an entire clove as it is. Take garlic cloves at least two times a day for a quick relief from stuffy nose.
6. Stay hydrated: Drink a lot of warm water. Almost all fluids can help you ease-out in times of a stuffy nose. Staying hydrated helps in thinning the mucus clogged in your nasal passage and decreases the pressure in your sinuses. So, make sure you keep yourself hydrated with a regular intake of water, juice, tea or soups.
7. Tomato Juice: For another equally quick remedy you can try having tomato juice. Grab a mug of tomato juice and add about a table spoon of garlic and a teaspoon of salt to it. Drink this juice at least twice a day for easing your clogged nose. Tomatoes have properties that can not only reduce the inflammation in your nasal passage, but also open up your sinuses. Also Read: How To Make & Store Home-Made Tomato Puree(With Video) For Winters
8. Basil: The medicinal properties of basil leaves are well-known. A handful of this wonderful herb can also come in handy to treat a stuffy nose. All you have to do is to collect a few fresh basil leaves and chew 4-5 of them in the morning before breakfast and at night after dinner. For better results, you can also consume some of them with your morning tea.
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!