When it comes to leveraging the amazing beauty benefits of food, we’re often instructed to wear them instead of eat them. But we forget that actually ingesting these foods is also tremendously beneficial.
A healthy glow comes from a healthy body filled with healthy foods.Your skin needs a boost from within to look fresh and glowing. After all, beautiful skin starts with nourishment from within. Fruits and vegetables are the most important food items that could help you achieve blemish and acne-free skin.
Here’s a list of few foods out of many for glowing skin which will make you feel beautiful like never before.
Dark Green Leafy Veggies
Think: kale, broccoli, and cabbage. These cruciferous veggies are super rich in sulfur compounds that help detoxify the skin so it is lovely, clear and radiant.
This pink coloured fruit comes loaded with vitamins and minerals which make you glow instantaneously
It has the ability to retain the skin’s original glow and prevent aging. The antioxidants present in it are responsible for this. Now, you have a good excuse to stop by the liquor store.
* Mangoes are rich in antioxidants and vitamin A, which prevent premature aging, retain the skin’s elasticity, and grow new skin cells.
* Banana is rich in vitamins A, B, and E and prevents premature wrinkling of the skin.
* Oranges and kiwis are rich in vitamin C that protects our skin against the onset of wrinkles and boosts collagen synthesis. Other vitamin C-rich fruits are guavas, grapefruit, and strawberries. Vitamin C also protects the skin from sun damage and promotes cell turnover, thus preserving the youth and beauty of our skin.
* A glass of warm water with honey and lemon juice lightens your skin tone and keeps it clean.
* Apple helps maintain a toned look and makes your skin look younger.
* Papaya: Containing a breadth of vitamins, antioxidants, trace minerals, folates, fiber and more, all the goodness in papayas combines synergistically for overall health.
* Blueberries are anti-aging powerhouses. The antioxidants in berries help minimize the damage of free radicals, which can accelerate wrinkle formation and cause disease. Blueberries can also fight acne since they are high in salicylates — and salicylic acid is often used in topical acne treatment products.
Berries and Pomegranates
These two foods “are antioxidant rich, anti-inflammatory and are packed with nutrients to support collagen production and help protect the skin from UV stress and free radical damage.”
Radishes are the only mainstream food high in both of the beauty minerals sulfur and silica, and one of the best vegetable sources of Vitamin C. The three work synergistically to make your skin glow and help with healthy connective tissue formation.
Rich in minerals and high in vitamin A, E and the Bs, avocado is an antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-wrinkle powerhouse that keeps skin nourished and young.
Stay hydrated, for dehydration makes the skin appear dull, rough and older regardless of what you’re eating!
Cut Down on Dairy
If you struggle with acne, you might want to consider ditching it altogether. “Consuming milk products has been shown to disrupt bowel function,” Mendez points out. “This creates toxicity, which eventually shows up on your skin.
Watch Your Caffeine Intake
Those mid-day coffee breaks could be drying you out. Be mindful of your intake, Mendez warns. “Caffeine can be very dehydrating, so consume in moderation.”