Make watermelon juice to quench your thirst on a warm summer day. You can use one of the recipes below to extract juice from watermelon. Are you confused and don’t know how to make fresh watermelon juice? It is easy to prepare and takes less time to prepare. So why go out of your way to buy one at the store when making homemade watermelon juice is so simple and easy?
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 3 cups watermelon cubes deseeded
- A blender or mixer
- A knife
- 2 lemons
- Two clean glasses
- A straw
- Small piece of ginger
- 1/2 tsp sabja seeds or sweet basil seeds or chia seedsfew mint leaves (optional)
- few ice cubes
How to make the recipe
* If using sabja seeds, wash them quickly in a large bowl and strain to a coffee filter. Soak them in little water for at least 30 mins to few hours.
* Wash watermelon under running water. Cut it to 2 halves. Please do not make the mistake of washing the watermelon pieces after they have been cut. You will be taking away all the nutrients from it and making it bland and tasteless.
* Remove the seeds. Tender white seeds can be used for the juice, they have health benefits too. Chop the watermelon pulp from the rind. Add the ingredients to a blender jar and blend till smooth.
* Now add ice cubes if preferred. Add sabja seeds or dry fruits (Optional) and serve watermelon juice immediately.
“A quick and delicious drink that goes well on any day. You can even make ice pops out of this drink as a snack. Try lemon-lime soda in place of water for another variation. You can also add ice cubes if you want it colder and somewhat slushy.”
Health benefits of drinking watermelon juice
Asthma: The powerful antioxidant in watermelon reduces toxic matters in the body, that in turn reduces asthma attacks.
Arthritis: The rich beta-carotene and vitamin C content in this big fruit do wonders in quenching inflammation that contributes to conditions like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Bladder problems: Its cleansing and natural diuretic effect is totally healing for kidney and bladder problems. Drinking juice of watermelon rind may also help to break down kidney stones for elimination.
Constipation: Drink a big jumbo glass of watermelon juice to relieve constipation. It is very effective in aiding the elimination of wastes.
Electrolytes: Watermelon juice is rich in various minerals and provide electrolytes to replenish electrolytes lost after a good workout. At the same time, it also helps reduce muscle soreness and healing of muscle cramps.
Eye health: Watermelons contain high levels of beta-carotene that is converted in your body into vitamin A. This nutrient protects the eyes from age-related macular degeneration and night blindness.
Fluid retention: Its diuretic action helps to eliminate excess fluids from the body, reducing water retention, especially for women during their monthly menstruation cycle and in pregnant women.
Heart attack: The combination of high antioxidants, lycopene and the other essential vitamins in this fruit plays an important role in reducing the risks of heart attacks and strokes.
Itchiness: As watermelon juice cleanses the body of toxic wastes, it also greatly reduces itchiness that result from toxicity of acidosis.
Prostate Cancer: Lycopene (from red watermelons) has been extensively researched for its anti-oxidant and cancer-preventing properties. It is reported to be especially protective against prostate cancer.
Skin Blemish: Use watermelon externally by applying a small piece liberally on your face. Leave for ten minutes, then wash off with warm water, followed by a splash of cold water.
Awaaz Nation’s Tip– Watermelons grow on the ground so wash thoroughly before cutting to avoid contamination.
Do you like watermelon juice? How do you prepare it? Share your recipes with us in the comments section below.