A soggy fry is a sad fry. In fact, it probably shouldn’t even be called a “fry. Take this initiative, and you will be able to get crispy French fries any time you want! And if you are health-conscious and want to avoid deep-fried food, then you can bake the fries. Yes, this recipe works both ways, and there’s really no reason why you shouldn’t try it out today.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 cups water, to boil the potatoes in Refined oil, to fry the potatoes
1. Put the water in a large pot, and heat it till it comes to a boil.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes like thick matchsticks, or wedges if you prefer that. Wash them in cold water, then gently drop them into the boiling water.
3. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain them. Wash them in cold water quickly, so that they don’t continue cooking. Spread them out on a dry kitchen towel.
4. Mix the cornflour, salt, chilli powder, and garam masala in a bowl. Dunk the potatoes in the mix, and coat them lightly.
5. Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai, and fry the fries till they’re golden brown(but don’t put all of them at the same time, or they’ll stick together, and won’t crisp up properly). OR Place the fries on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake them in the oven at 250-300 degrees for 10 minutes (or till they’re golden brown).
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.