Are you always confused whether to take a bath with hot water or opt for a cold water bath? How do you decide which one to choose?
Well, since the choice is subjective, before coming to any conclusion, you need to consider factors like the ongoing season, your age, habits, age-old practices, disease, etc. Bathing in hot water or cold water both have their own benefits.
Benefits Of A Cold Water Bath
- A cold water bath tends to stimulate the nerve endings and gives you a kick start in the morning. It also helps in getting rid of the laziness.
- Cold water baths increase the release of depression-beating chemicals such as beta-endorphins, and thus help you treat depression.
- Studies have shown that a cold water bath improves the reproductive health in men by stimulating the release of testosterone.
- It also helps in improving the lung function.
- Cold water baths stimulate the lymphatic and immune systems of the body, thereby boosting the production of cells that fight against infections
Benefits Of A Hot Water Bath
- As we all know, warmer temperatures tend to kill the germs more. Hence, bathing with hot water cleanses the body.
- Studies show that a hot water bath improves the flexibility of muscles and also helps relax sore muscles.
- A hot water bath reduces the sugar levels in the body, making your body less prone to diabetes.
- It is also beneficial to treat a cough and cold as the steam helps to clear the airways and decongest your throat and nose.