Lemons are bright, refreshing, and smell divine. Not only lemon juice, but also the lemon peel is very beneficial as it has high nutritional value. So, those people who regularly throw away their Lemon peel should reconsider, given that this part of the fruit is packed with many health benefits.
Not many people are aware of the health benefits and the nutritional value that the lemon peels can provide you with. So, we looked up the benefits & uses of lemon peels and have jotted down 8 extraordinary benefits below. Think twice because even lemon peels are very beneficial.
Benefits Of Lemon Peel
- Keeps bones and teeth strong
- Reduces BP and protects against heart disease
- Helps maintain eye health
- Works as a natural deodorant
- Fights cholera
Extremely Amazing Benefits of Lemon Peels for Heath, Skin & Hair!
1. The citric acid that is left in the lemon peel can also be used as a scrub to clean utensils. Put a handful of lemon peels into the dishwasher and you can get a set of very nice smelling dishes. Also you can use a lemon peel directly on some stubborn stains to get rid of them.
2. Rubbing lemon peels on your nails will whiten or brighten the dull nails. The mild action of the citric acid will do all the wonders. Just take a lemon after its squeezed. Rub it on your nails.
3. Lemon peels can be placed in refrigerator doors to control the smell therein. So, you can now open to a fresh smelling refrigerator as compared to the previous stinky ones.
4. The lemon peel is able to eradicate toxins – there are plenty of toxic elements present in the body which are not only able to make us weak, but also increase the addiction to hard drinks and other harmful foods. The lemon peels, with a thank to their citrus bioflavonoids content, are able to help in eradicating the toxic elements which are found in the body.
5. Lemon peel has plenty of the fruit’s fiber content. Also known as roughage, fiber helps prevent constipation, ulcers, and acid reflux. Fiber also plays a role in regulating our body weight and may help lower the risk of diabetes.
6. Lemon peels helps in promotion of weight loss. They contain a component known as Pectin, which is responsible for the promotion of weight loss in the body.
7. The Lemon peels help in preventing and fighting skin problems such as wrinkles, acne, pigmentation and dark spots. The free radicals play a very important role in this process. These are also rich in antioxidants which tend to detoxify the skin to a very great extent
8. Lemon peel has astringent and antimicrobial properties, making it an effective tool for acne control. Make an infusion with strips of lemon peel and a handful of mint leaves and use this to steam your face. The essential oils in the lemon peel help cleanse the skin while mint acts as a toner.
Tips To Include Lemon Peel In Your Daily Diet!
1. Add some lemon peel to fruit juices to get the best of its flavonoids.
2. Drop some lemon peel into a cup of green or black tea while it steeps. Enjoy the soothing drink with a hint of tang.
3. Sun-dry lemon peels and grind or pound them into powder. Mix in cake batter or add a pinch of the powder to marinades.
4. Cut down on salt, which may increase blood pressure, and, instead, add lemon zest to your food as a flavorful substitute.
5. Add a lemony flavor to rice by infusing lemon peel into the water used for boiling.
Awaaz Nation’s Advice-
Always use the peels from organic oranges and before drying them, make sure to wash them thoroughly.
Note: Consult your doctor before starting any weight-loss diet.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.