Craving something savory and delicious? Masala Corn is an easy to make snack recipe which you can whip up anytime you are hungry. It is prepared from boiled Corn by adding butter and few spices. The snack is loved by everyone and is also more nutritious than fast foods. This is a very quick, easy and healthy recipe that can be prepared by anyone in the family :). This is one of the recipe’s where you can get very creative
You can also add finely chopped onion, carrots, capsicum, lettuce, cucumber and also stir fried broccoli.
Total Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Ingredients For Masala Corn Recipe
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn
- 2 Teaspoon Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- 1/4 Tea Spoon Black Peeper Powder
- 1/2 Fresh cut Lemon for juice
Here is the recipe!
* First wash the corn thoroughly (You can buy Corn kernels separated from the cob from stores). Boil the corn in water or steam it until they become soft. One can also use microwave to boil the corns.
* Melt butter in a bowl and add the boiled Corn. Add salt as needed. Give a quick stir and sprinkle little red chili powder, pepper, chat masala powder and lemon juice. Masala Corn is ready.
Optional- Add chopped tomato, onion, grated carrot and garnish with the chopped cilantro and Sev.
* Add more butter if you are looking for flavours as served in street sides.
* Additionally, add onion and coriander to make flavourful.
* You can also use frozen corn but cooking time varies so cook accordingly.
* This is a spicy version so adjust spice level according to your taste.
* Finally, spicy masala corn chaat taste great when served slightly warm.
You might also want to try- Delicious & Healthy Malpua Recipe For Sweet Lovers and Healthy & Delicious Sweet – Sour Tomato Chutney Recipe!
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.