Oatmeal, a whole grain, is high in fiber, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. It is one of the most common whole grains, offers potential benefits for heart health, blood sugar management, weight control etc. Since it’s a nutritient-dense food, it makes you feel fuller for a longer time. Hence, you tend to eat less. Today, you will learn how oats help with weight loss and two delicious oats recipe for weight loss!
- Oats contain both soluble and insoluble fiber.
- They make an easy, balanced breakfast.
- Oats provide important minerals.
- They are naturally gluten-free.
- Oats could help you control your weight.
What Are Oats and Oatmeal?
* Oats are a whole-grain food, known scientifically as Avena sativa.
* Oat groats, the most intact and whole form of oats, take a long time to cook. For this reason, most people prefer rolled, crushed or steel-cut oats.
* Instant (quick) oats are the most highly processed variety. While they take the shortest time to cook, the texture may be mushy.
* Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast as oatmeal, which is made by boiling oats in water or milk. Oatmeal is often referred to as porridge.
* They’re also often included in muffins, granola bars, cookies and other baked goods.
Oatmeal Balls With Gravy
- 1 cup of oats (I used quaker oats)
- 2 ½ cup of water
- 1 ½ cup of chopped vegetables (carrot, peas , beans, bell pepper, cabbage etc)
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized finally chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1-2 green chilies finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 10-15 peanuts roasted and crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder( dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- salt to test
- Pinch of garam masala (optional)
- 1 tables spoon finely chopped coriander (dhaniya patta)
- 2 teaspoon oil
Take oil in a pan and saute cumin seeds and hing for a min. Add curry leaves ,chilies , onion, ginger and saute for another 10 seconds. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 1 min. Now add tomato and cook for another 1 min.
Next add spices like dhaniya powder, haldi and salt. Now, add water and take a boil. Next, add oats. Now cook oats for 4-5 mins and add crushed peanuts. Finally cook for 1 min. Garnish with dhaniya patta
Another Way To Make The Same Above Recipe
- 1 cup boiled oatmeal
- 1/5 thinly sliced cabbage
- ½ thinly sliced carrot
- ½ thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced red chili
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds
How To Prepare
* Mix the oatmeal, cabbage, carrot, green bell pepper, flour and ½ tablespoon oil and make round medium-sized balls.
* Brush a little oil on the balls and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20 minutes until they turn golden brown.
* Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a Chinese frying pan and add garlic and red chili to it. Cook for 1 minute.
* Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for 30 seconds.
* Finally, add the baked oatmeal balls.
* Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight & Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up