In earlier times, the idea of having sex on your period was a complete no-no – for both men and women. It was considered unhygienic. But now views are changing.
If you and your partner are okay with a little blood, then there’s really no reason why you guys can’t do sex while you bleed. Having sex when you’re menstruating can actually offer a few advantages, including relief from menstrual cramps.
Period sex can shorten your period
The contracting of your uterus during orgasm can sometimes speed up the shedding period of your uterine lining, which means your 7-day long period might shorten two or three days. Orgasms are basically a superpower.
Orgasms cure cramps
Masturbate your way to freedom, ladies! Orgasms relax the uterus, climaxing increases blood flow and releases endorphins. The stronger the orgasm, the better it will relieve your pain. And you and I both know that self-love can sometimes be better than couple-play, so get going!
You’ll feel extra slick
Now, once you get past the thought of period sex being “eww”, think of the great benefit of not needing lube. Because you’re extra slick down there, sex could end up feeling even better. This is especially great if you’re someone who struggles to get “wet” Also Read: Why Is Sex Very Important For Women? Read Here
Increased sex drive
Your libido changes throughout your menstrual cycle, thanks to hormonal fluctuations. While many women say their sex drive increases during ovulation, which is about two weeks before your period, others report feeling more turned on during their period. Also Read: Best 5 Sex Positions For Increasing Pleasure For Both Partners
A FEW HELPFUL HINTS
– In order to have the best period sex experience possible, here are a few bonus tips:
– Ditch the lube — your period blood should be plenty of lubrication, without adding more
– Throw down a towel — you’re saving your bed from a potential mess and it’ll be easier to clean up afterward
– Have shower sex — speaking of easy clean up, the shower is a great place to have period sex (plus, it’s super hot)
– Don’t be afraid to go solo — look, if your partner just isn’t into period sex, that’s no reason you shouldn’t have some solo fun
– Have fun. Sex doesn’t just have to be penetrative. Grab hold of some clitoral sex toys and let those orgasms fly! Just wash them in warm water after and they’re as good as new. Also Read: 11 Sexual Health Tips Every Man Needs to Know..
A word of warning…
You can still fall pregnant during your period. The chances are quite slim, but best avoid it by using contraception. You should be using condoms when you are having sex, but especially during period sex. That’s because during your period you have a higher risk of contracting and spreading STIs.
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!
For the latest health tips like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.