‘It’s so unfortunate that the low-carb craze has scared people off potatoes,’ But in reality, Potatoes are one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet, and you should start eating more of them. Why? You should start eating healthfully prepared potatoes as part of a balanced diet to reap the benefits of their nutrients.
Potatoes are incredibly popular worldwide and researchers keep discovering more hidden health benefits of eating potatoes. Have a detailed look at health benefits of potatoes.
Nutritients in one medium potato
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 0 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Carbs: 37 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Sodium: 24 milligrams
- Vitamin C: 37% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 31% of the RDI
- Potassium: 27% of the RDI
- Manganese: 20% of the RDI
Are Potatoes Health? Yes, Know all the benefits in points
* Potatoes can soothe stomach and duodenum ulcers. They are helpful in reducing stomach acidity and relieve the inflammation associated with arthritis. But that doesn’t mean you start consuming greasy French fries, chips and all the processed junk.
* The vitamin content in potatoes includes vitamin C and B-complex, which also help in proper absorption of carbohydrates.
* Potatoes are easy to digest, facilitate digestion and prevents conditions like constipation and protects the body from conditions like colorectal cancer.
* Potatoes contain potassium that plays an important role in helping reduce blood pressure, and it’s an essential micronutrient.
* Eating Potatoes won’t Make You Obese or Inflamed. It is only the way we cook potatoes that have given potatoes a bad reputation.
* Potatoes contain zero cholesterol. Shocked? That’s right, potatoes have no cholesterol at all. It is only the oil and cholesterol laden ingredients it is cooked with that makes it a threat to heart.
* In fact, Potatoes have heart healing antioxidant anthocyanins. They also contain fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and B6 – which are good for heart health.
Benefits of Potato for skin
Potatoes contain natural bleaching property which is helpful in lightening your skin under your eyes and prevent puffiness around your eyes.
- Take a potato and grate it to extract the juice.
- Now soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your eyes.
- After 15 minutes, rinse your eyelids with cool water.
- You can follow this remedy once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see visible results.
Potatoes for skin Pigmentation
It is very helpful in lightening hyperpigmented skin as well as other blemishes. All you have to do is take a potato and cut it in half. Now add 1 spoon of water onto the cut side of the potato. Start rubbing potato, in circular motion over your affected areas of skin. After 10 minutes rinse the area with lukewarm water.
Watch Video: Top 7 Health Benefits of Potatoes
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author.
Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!