If you think eating Pulses and Eggs is enough for the source of protein you need, you need to know about the benefits of black chickpeas (also known as Kala chana). If you are on a diet then black chickpea salad is an easy low calorie, oil free vegan salad. It is a tangy salad extremely tasty and easy to make. It is low in fat rich in protein and fiber and have very low glycemic index.
Today, in our article you will read the recipe of protein-packed Black Gram salad that happens to be gluten-free and delicious too.
Fast facts on chickpeas:-
- Chickpeas are sometimes known as garbanzo beans.
- They are featured extensively in the Mediterranean diet and Middle-Eastern food.
- They are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber.
- Soak them in water for 8 to 10 hours before cooking for the best results.
Here are five health benefits of black chickpeas:-
Prevents cancer: Saponins, which are phytochemicals present in black chickpeas, prevent cancer cells from multiplying and spreading throughout the body. Also selenium, a mineral that is not present in fruits and vegetables, is found in this powerhouse food. It plays an important role in detoxifying cancer-causing compounds in the body.
Boon for bones: Other than being a good source of phosphate, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc, black chickpeas are also high in calcium and vitamin K, which helps in maintaining bone health.
For healthy hair: Black chickpeas have a very good amount of zinc and protein. It can stop hair fall and slow down the process of premature greying.
Keeps heart healthy: Rich in antioxidants, this food contains an excellent amount of fibre and vitamin C, which helps in lowering the cholesterol level and thereby, keeping your heart healthy.
Development of brain: Choline, found in this popular Indian food, helps in developing your brain. Just 50g of it can really sharpen your mind.
Chana Salad: Weight Loss Recipe:-
Serving size – 3 – 4 (People eating)
Cook time – 20 minutes
- Kala chana (Chickpeas) (Bengal Gram Whole) – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1 no medium size
- Tomatoes – 1 no medium size
- Green chili – 1 to 2 as per your taste
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Lemon – 1/2 (as per your taste)
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Tea bag – 1 no
- Baking soda – A pinch
- Salt – as per taste
* Wash and soak kala chana/ Black gram for 12 hours. To use as breakfast recipes, soak overnight. After that drain the water and wash well.
* Put the chana in your Instant Pot along with 3 cups of water or make sure the level of water is just above the chana, this will stop the excess movement and save them from mash, add 1 tea bag, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp baking soda.
* Cook for 5 to 6 whistles; cook it in low to medium flame after one whistle. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
* Drain the water and Keep chana aside.
* Meanwhile chop onions, tomatoes, green chili and coriander leaves, keep it aside.
* In a bowl add boiled kala chana, chopped onion, tomatoe, green chili, chat masala, coriander leaves and salt(as per your taste).
You want a good mix of tangy, salty, and spicy. Serve as a side salad or as a main dish for a vegan meal. You can also serve this weight loss salad fresh. If you want, you can team it with one chapati or bread.
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight Health Benefits of Oats & Delicous Oatmeal Ball With Gravy Recipe For Weight Loss& Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up