Sex is the deepest form of love and connection, and many women are emotionally attached to it. For women, it’s often the glue that bonds as a couple.Of course sex is healthy, but did you know that a good sex life can provide specific health benefits to women?
Engaging in sex regularly has the following effects on women:-
– Increases DHEA—Hormone that boosts immune system. Produces healthier skin, and decreases depression.
– Increases Oxytocin—Hormone that causes the release of endorphins, a natural opiate that relieves pain.
– Reduces Cortisol—Sex reduces stress, and thereby reduces cortisol levels which means more balanced blood sugar, blood pressure, and lower acidity in the abdomen.
– Increases Immunoglobulin A—Antibody which boosts immunity. Women who have sex twice a week have 30% higher level of immunoglobulin A.
– Some studies even show evidence that the increased blood flow and muscular contractions that occurs with regular penetration and orgasm promotes the structural health of a woman’s pelvic floor.
Sex can regulate your menstrual cycle
Endocrinologists at both Columbia and Stanford found that women who have sex at least once a week have more regular menstrual cycles than those who have sex less frequently.
Frequent sex has also been found to help balance a woman’s hormones and regulate her periods, which can further boost chances of conceiving.
Shift your middle-age spread and keep fit
30 minutes of vigorous sex burns up to 100 calories, which is the same as a small glass of wine.
And if you have moderately active sex twice a week, you’ll burn an extra 5,000 calories a year!
Varying your positions is also a great, fun way to tone different muscle groups and keep limbs lean and flexible.
High sexual activity makes the body release more pheromones, chemicals that enhance your appeal to the opposite sex.
This is why the more sex you have with your partner, the stronger your desire will be to have sex with them again.
Sex is an aspect of love
Sex, talking, hanging out, working together, managing a home and family as a team feeling appreciated, celebrating holidays, giving and receiving gifts, and affection may all comprise love for a woman; it is part of the whole, not the defining factor. Making love may flow from the warmth she feels in the relationship, but it’s not necessarily the source of the heat. Also Read: Best 5 Sex Positions For Increasing Pleasure For Both Partners
Orgasm has the power to reduce pain
Next time you have a headache, try an orgasm instead of that Advil. Orgasm can block pain. It releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold. Additionally, for ladies, masturbation can reduce mind-numbing menstrual cramps.
It brings you closer
For folks in committed relationships, having sex with your partner will help bring you closer together, again thanks to the boost in oxytocin. Even if you’re not in a relationship, a spike in oxytocin could explain why we tend to get attached to people we sleep with. Also Read: 11 Sexual Health Tips Every Man Needs to Know..
It heightens your senses
Studies have shown that sex increases the acuteness of senses like taste and smell—which just means that when you’ve finished your romp, you can enjoy that slice of pizza, piece of chocolate, or glass of red wine that much more..
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!
For the latest health tips like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.