If you think that you need to hit gym 4-5 times a week to have a healthier lifestyle. Then wait for second and think over it gain. Do you really need to do heavy exercises to stay fit? The answer is ‘No’.
- You don’t need to skip your breakfast and lunch breaks exercising.
- You don’t need to wake up early.
- You don’t need to skip your weekends party plans because you are on treadmill.
- You don’t need to spend hours sweating.
- You don’t need to waste your hard-earned money on gyms and health clubs.
THEN HOW TO STAY FIT WITHOUT EXERCISE?
The biggest confusion is, can you really get a workout without gym? The answer is ‘Yes You Can’.
It is evident that people don’t have time to go to a facility every day. So people should adopt fitness as a lifestyle. I will explain it in a simplest way, the key thing is that you need to do something, somewhere, sometime.
WHEN YOU ARE AT HOME
1. Make a habit of stretching yourself as you get out of the bed.
2. Start your morning with a glass of water with 2-3 teaspoon lemon juice added. It flushes your system of toxins and keeps your digestive system perfect.
3. Add herbs and spices to your meals. These are packed with antioxidants and nutrients which help control your weight and at the same time satisfy your taste buds.
4. Try 5 minutes of jumping jacks. It will help you burn your calories.
5. If you are feeling bored at home. Then do activities that make move! For example snorkeling, water-skiing, aqua dancing!
6. Do you know that you can do leg exercise at home without having weights? Don’t underestimate the stairs of your house and use them for leg exercise. Walking up and down steps or running up and walking down is a great leg / cardio mix.
7. Say no to sugary drinks and replace them with fresh fruits and vegetable juices.
8. Always remember that housework is a great calorie burner. An average person should burn 4 calories a minute for easy cleaning (e.g., dusting). That means you can burn 60 calories in 15 minutes of cleaning.
WHEN YOU ARE AT OFFICE
1. Stretching periodically can help you avoid problems caused by sitting for long hours. After every hour of sitting and working, you must stand up from your seat and stretch.
2. Use the toilets in a different part of the building and use the stairs instead of the lift, even for one floor of your journey.
3. Use toilets in a different part of the office.
4. To give relief to your wrists, rotate them in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
5. Always keep a water bottle at your desk and drink atleast eight glasses of water each day. Start drinking herbal teas at your office.
6. Get up from your desk every hour and go for a quick walk.
7. Play office games such as table tennis, snooker, basket ball. These games will keep you healthy and fit.
8. If you are on the phone, make sure to walk also while talking. This is a small step but it can bring a big change.