Swine flu (H1N1) has been in the news since it first appeared and there have been many deaths and hospitalizations in countries worldwide. Not sure how you can avoid falling prey to the growing epidemic?
Don’t worry, here are some easy steps you can take to tackle a flu virus of any kind, including swine flu. It is not necessary to follow all the steps at once. You can pick any home remedy mentioned below to treat your flu including swine flu.
Symptoms of Swine Flu
- Body ache
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
Some people are at higher risk for becoming seriously ill if they’re infected with swine flu. These groups include:
– adults over age 65
– children under 5 years old
– young adults and children under age 19 who are receiving long-term aspirin (Bufferin) therapy
– people with compromised immune systems (due to a disease such as AIDS)
– pregnant women
– people with chronic illnesses such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes mellitus, or neuromuscular disease
Some tips if you see any symptom of swine flu
– Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 15-20 seconds; especially before meals, or each time after touching a surface that you suspect could be contaminated with flu virus such as a door handle or a knob/handle, especially if you have returned from a public place or used public transport. Alcohol-based hand cleaners should be kept handy at all times and used until you can get soap and warm water.
– Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– If you’ve got flu-like symptoms, avoid others until you’ve been free of fever for 24 hours.
– Stay at least 6 feet away from people with flu-like illness.
– If you do wear a face mask, don’t reuse it. Face masks should be worn once and then thrown out.
Home Remedies & Preventive Measures
Swine flu can give you vomiting, diarrhea, frequent urination and excessive sweating. So your body will be going through some serious loss of water. Therefore, you must drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated and flush out all the toxins from the body.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. This spice is a natural antioxidant and for years it has been used to treat cold, flu, infections and heal physical injuries. All you need to do is add a pinch of turmeric to a glass of warm milk and drink it every night. This will help you fight the swine flu infection. Sip thi if you are allergic to mil. Also Read: 8 Guaranteed Home Remedies To Get Rid Of A Stuffy Nose
Indian gooseberry (amla) or citrus fruits
Indian gooseberry or amla is a fruit rich in vitamin C, blessed with immune-boosting properties. This fruit increases the body’s resistance to serious infections. You can eat the whole fruit or drink amla juice to keep your body safe from swine flu and other infections.
Those who can take garlic, must have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. To be swallowed daily with lukewarm water. Garlic too strengthens immunity like the earlier measures mentioned.
Do Pranayam daily
(Preferably under guidance if you are already not initiated into it) and go for morning jog/walk regularly to keep your throat and lungs in good condition and body in fine fettle. Even in small measures, it will work wonders for your body’s resistance against all such diseases which attack the nose, throat and lungs, besides keeping you fit.
If you notice slight symptoms of swine flu, get immediate medical help. Whether it is swine flu or not will be aptly diagnosed by the doctors. You have to do your duty of getting in touch with them on time.
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. AwaazNation does not claim responsibility for this information.