Never take your eyes for granted because they are one of the most attractive features of your face and window to your soul. There is a huge population who are suffering from severe visual loss.
So, it is important to maintain a healthy eyesight. You must consider these simple guidelines given below to protect your eyesight and keep your eyes healthy.
Have a look…
1. Check for diabetes and high blood pressure regularly.
2. Include some foods in your diet-
- Green leafy vegetables
- Salmon, tuna, and other fish
- Nuts, eggs, beans.
- Some non meat protein sources
- Citrus fruits or juices
- Oysters & pork
3. Wear Sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays.
4. Practice frequent hand washing to prevent bacteria from getting in contact with your eyes.
5. Stay hydrated to prevent your eyes from getting dry and irritated. Drink water in sufficient amount.
6. Keep monitor at proper distance and avoid dim and over bright room lighting.
7. Quit smoking because smokers are at increased risk for developing cataracts. For healthy eyes, stop smoking right now!
8. Never ever sleep in contact lenses that are not approved for overnight wear. Always check the expiry date of your wetting solution.
9. Your eyes need to recharge after a day full of work pollution etc. It is important to get sufficient sleep each day to keep your eyes revitalized.
10. You can observe the 20-20-20 rule. After every 20 minutes, look at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds or more. Try to blink 20 successive times to prevent eye dryness.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author.