While on a weight loss journey, it is imperative to eat a healthy diet. However, there are few foods that can give your weight loss efforts an extra boost. Soups, for instance, are making a buzz in the world of nutrition for its role in burning fat. The liquid content of the soup, not only keeps you hydrated but also satiated for a long time.
Today, we will share Moong Dal and Carrot Soup Recipe with you all. Moong dal and carrot soup is indeed one of the best soups if you want to lose weight. This soup has a low calorie density, meaning it has very few calories relative to its bulk.
– 2 cups green moong dal (washed and drained)
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 1 tsp oil
– 1/2 cup sliced onions
– 4 to 5 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
– 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
– 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
– 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 3/4 cup low-fat milk
– salt to taste
– This is how to make vegetable soup at home for weight loss.
– At first heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the onions, peppercorns, and garlic and sauté on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
– Add the tomatoes and carrots, mix well and cook on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
– Add green moong dal and 5 cups of water and cook for 9 to 10 minutes or till the carrots are tender.
– Keep aside to cool and properly blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
– Transfer the purée back into the deep non-stick pan, add the milk, one cup of water, pepper and salt, mix well and bring to a boil.
– Serve the hot soup immediately.
You might also want to try- Delicious & Healthy Malpua Recipe For Sweet Lovers and Healthy & Delicious Sweet – Sour Tomato Chutney Recipe!
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.