Wheatgrass is a nutrient-rich type of young grass in the wheat family. Wheatgrass is a kind of grass made from the Triticum aestivum plant. It can be called as a superfood as it is a powerhouse of nutrients.
Wheatgrass is often used for juicing or added to smoothies. Wheatgrass provides a concentrated amount of nutrients, including iron, calcium, magnesium, amino acids, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C and E.
Wheatgrass is one of the most alkaline drinks you can consume for your immunity, health, ph levels, hair, skin and general well being, loaded with vitamins and minerals and chlorophyll.
Today, we will tell you top four ways to include wheatgrass (liquid or powder form) in your diet!
Benefits of Wheatgrass
- Help in Curing Cancer
- Natural Remedy For Diabetes
- Anti-Aging Benefits
- Cure Thalassemia
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Formation of Red Blood Cells
- Antiseptic Properties
- Beneficial For Eyes
- Aids in Digestion
- Cleansing & Detoxifying
- Cure Anaemia
- Reducing Cravings
- Weight Loss
- Promoting regularity
- Clearing the skin
- Supporting your immune system
- Alkalising the body after too much coffee, alcohol and eating out.
- High in Fibre
- High in Chlorophyll
- Treatment of Piles
- Prevent Tooth Decay
- Relief From Pain & Inflammation
- Prevent Varicose Veins
- Skin Cleanser & Acne Treatment
- Improves Hair Health
Here are 4 ways to take your Wheatgrass
1. In a Glass Of Water
Simply mix 1 tsp of Organic Wheatgrass (powder or liquid form) in a glass of water (you can add a squeeze of lemon too). It’s always best to use still mineral water or filtered water, if you can.
When to have? Enjoy this at any time of day, but here are some useful tips:
First thing in the morning to start up your engine, cleanse, feel revitalised and help regularity (in which case follow with another glass of pure water).
– 30 min – 1 hour before meals to help prevent overeating
– Between meals to curb snack attacks
– Whenever you need to feel uplifted
2. Wheatgrass Latte
This deliciously creamy and mega-quick 2 or 3-ingredient recipe is definitely the winner amongst our Bursters!
- 1 cup milk (we love cashew, coconut or almond)
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass (powder or liquid form)
- A few drops of pure stevia or a sweetener of your choice (optional)
– Mix milk, stevia and Organic Burst Wheatgrass powder. You can use a spoon but we recommend whisking it with an Aerolatte, and enjoy!
Tip: if using a spoon to mix then try this: first pour a little bit of milk into your glass, then add 1 tsp Wheatgrass and use the spoon to make the paste, after which pour the rest of the milk and stir.
When to have: any time of the day (same as above), but especially as a coffee or soda replacement mid-morning or afternoon.
3. Add Wheatgrass To Your Green Juice
Wheatgrass goes so well with your favourite green juices! It’s rich in fiber that is a valuable addition to your juice (where the fibres have been removed from the fruit and veggies). Adding fiber to the juice helps slow down the sugars in the juice hitting your liver and digestive tract too quickly.
If you’re getting takeout green juice from a bar – simply mix 1 tsp of Wheatgrass into it. Also Read: Moong Dal and Carrot Soup: Most Effective Weight Loss Recipe!
Alternatively, make your own! Here is a recipe:
- 1 handful organic spinach⠀
- 1 organic cucumber
- a squeeze of lemon or lime
- 1/2 organic apple, cored and chopped⠀
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass (powder or liquid form)
- 1/4-1/2 cup mineral or filtered water (if need be)
Add spinach, cucumber and apple into your juicer, then stir the lemon juice, our Wheatgrass and water (if need be) into the juice.
When to have:
– At least 1 hour after meals (as green juice is alkalising so you don’t want it to interfere with your digestion)
– Between meals, especially in the afternoon to feel the amazing natural buzz.
Tip: go for fresh juices as opposed to bottled – because juice is best consumed within half an hour of juicing. Also Read: This Cabbage Fat-Burning Soup Promises To Help You Lose Weight!
4. In A Salad Dressing
Give your salad or grilled/sauteed veggies extra super-powers by mixing some of Wheatgrass in the dressing.
The simplest way is to mix it with some olive oil, but here is one more recipe:
Wheatgrass Lime Cilantro Dressing
You will need:
- 1 cup coriander, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Wheatgrass
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime), more to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
– Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
– Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.