World Chocolate Day is celebrated annually on July 7. If ever you needed an excuse to eat chocolate, World Chocolate Day is it. Chocolate is not only delicious, it has surprising health benefits especially its effect on your heart. On the occasion of World Chocolate Day, we bring you delicious chocolate cake recipe and health benefits of dark chocolate.
Here’s how dark chocolate can boost your health.
Flavanols are the main type of flavonoid found in dark chocolate that have a very positive effect on heart health by helping lower blood pressure and improving blood flow to the heart as well as the brain. Antioxidants are the best elements that a body can receive or produce as they have the capacity to prevent aging by free radicals that can also cause heart diseases.
Blood Sugar Levels
It is hard to believe that a sugar-enriched substance can balance the blood sugar levels, but it is true! The amount of sugar in dark chocolate does not affect your body much as its glycemic index is low. And the flavonoids that it is enriched with aids the influence that insulin offers on the sugar levels.
It is no myth that cholesterol clogs the veins and arteries and doesn’t let them function normally. But dark chocolate serves to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels in the arteries and heart.
Stress is a bad factor, and one should steer clear of it as much as possible! The contents of dark chocolate help in the production of endorphins which are produced by the brain cells and are known to alleviate the mood. It stimulates the brain cells and is known to relax a person.
It’s mineral rich
Dark chocolate is packed with beneficial minerals such as potassium, zinc and selenium, and a 100g bar of dark (70 per cent or more) choc provides 67 per cent of the RDA of iron. (Telegraph UK)
Dark chocolate makes an excellent skin-detoxifier in combination with caffeine. It sloughs off the dead skin cells and allows the newly exposed, fresh skin to breathe freely.
Chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker!
Check out delicious eggless chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker.
- 1 cup condensed milk / milkmaid
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1½ cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup warm milk add as required
- for chocolate frosting:
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar / icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cold milk add as required
Instructions for chocolate cake recipe:
* Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take condensed milk and butter.
* Beat in one direction till the mixture turns smooth and fluffy.
* Also sieve, maida, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
* Then fold gently.
* Furthermore add vinegar, vanilla extract and warm milk.
* Mix gently to attain smooth dropping consistency.
* Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
* Sprinkle 1 cup salt at the base of a pressure cooker, and place a steel ring stand and a perforated plate over it. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and heat on a medium for 5 minutes.
* Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the cake tin on the perforated plate. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and steam on a medium for 20 to 22 minutes or till the cake is done.
* Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
* Invert the tin over a wire rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake or use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake.
* Use immediately or as required.
Your delicious cake is ready! Also Read: Recipe of Delicious Milk Sponge Cake With Vanilla Twist
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.