World Health Day is celebrated every year on April 7th worldwide, with the aim of making people aware about their health and motivating governments to create democratic health policies.
The World Health Organization was established on April 7, 1948. After two years the tradition of celebrating World Health Day on 7 April was started. World Health Day is one of the eight official health campaigns which are marked by the WHO.
WHD 2018 Theme- Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere
The World Health Organization determines a theme every year on World Health Day. The theme for 2018 is Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere. It aims to keep people around the world conscious of their health.
The basic aim is that every person who needs health services should get them and not only those who can pay them. According to a report in World Health Organisation, at least half of the world’s population do not have full coverage of basic health services. That is why providing healthcare facilities to people around the world without any financial problems is the main purpose of this year’s theme.
Here are top motivational & inspiring quotes on World Health Day that you can share with friends, family and loved ones.
1. Health is the crown on the well person’s head that only the ill person can see. – Robin Sharma, Writer
2. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver. – Mahatma Gandhi
3. Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. – Dalai Lama
4. To keep the body in good health is a duty, for otherwise we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. – Buddha
5. Life is not merely being alive, but being well. – Marcus Valerius Martialis, Latin poet
6. Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. – Edward Smith-Stanley , former UK Prime Ministetr
7. A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison. – Francis Bacon, English philosopher
8. Your body hears everything your mind says. – Naomi Judd, American Singer
9. A healthy outside starts from the inside. – Robert Urich, American actor
10. A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
– Tom Stoppard, British playwright
You can share more quotes & tips on #WorldHealthDay in the comments section below! We would love to hear your thoughts!