Yogurt can be a great snack for weight loss as it is a treasure trove of essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, and magnesium. Yogurt makes a filling, portable meal, with ample protein to help you power through your day. It is a rich source of dairy protein that helps in speeding up weight loss and reducing belly fat.
Know why and how you should eat yogurt for losing weight and also read how to choose the best type of yogurt for enjoying the maximum results.
Let’s start with 7 surprising health benefits of yogurt!
• Promises Better Gut Health
• Protects Heart By Keeping It Healthy
• Prevents Colorectal Cancer
• Helps Recover Faster After Workout
• Promotes Weight Loss
• Boosts Body’s Immune System
• Gives Stronger Bones
• Treats Yeast Infections In Women
• Assures Healthy Skin And Hair
• Soothes The Digestive System
• Reduces High Blood Pressure
Here are some other easy ways to incorporate yogurt into your diet:
• As a meal, combine a cup of yogurt with ½ cup fresh fruit or whole grain granola, or a mixture of both.
• Yogurt smoothies made with fresh fruit, or even frozen fruit, are filling and nutrient-dense. They make for a really healthy breakfast or snack.
• Substitute low-fat yogurt for mayonnaise in your favorite recipes, like tuna salad or egg salad, or use as a base for salad dressings.
• Blend your favorite fruit with yogurt and enjoy a delicious smoothie. Yogurt smoothies make for a great post-workout recovery drink
• You can Freeze it: Frozen yogurt serve as a healthy substitute for ice creams.
• Or just have it: Yes, you can consume plain yogurt too!
Is Yogurt Good For You?
Yogurt, in general, is good for everybody. But, if you suffer from any one of the following conditions then yogurt is bad for you.
Diabetics: Excess sugar intake may be harmful to diabetics and those suffering from obesity. Yogurts found in supermarkets usually have added sugars.
Lactose intolerance: Lactose intolerance means a condition in which a person lacks the enzyme lactase needed to break down lactose. Consuming yogurt in such conditions may result in diarrhea, abdominal pain and other disorders, therefore, it is advisable to avoid having it in such cases.
Milk allergy: People who are allergic to milk are actually allergic to casein and whey, types of protein, present in milk. Consuming milk or milk products will result in hives, swelling, and even anaphylaxis.
Share this article! If you liked reading this article, share it with your loved ones. Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Also Read: The 6 Best Summer Drinks & Foods If You’re Trying to Lose Weight, 5 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated And Lose Weight, 4 Surprising Nuts That Are Great for Weight Loss! Now Eat Nuts & Reduce Weight Health Benefits of Oats & Delicous Oatmeal Ball With Gravy Recipe For Weight Loss& Top 6 Zero Calorie Foods That Will Fill You Up