Oppo on Thursday launched its Find X smartphone in India. The smartphone boasts flagship specifications and features while offering a true full-screen experience at the same time.
Oppo’s Find X is the latest entrant in the mid-range category which is currently led by phones like OnePlus 6, Honor 10 and Asus Zenfone 5Z. Keeping its price and specifications in mind.
Like we mentioned in the introduction, the first unique feature has to be Find X’s motorised camera setup. The device-makers acquired an advanced camera placement instead of doing it conventionally, i.e. camera on the back and camera on the front. OPPO ditched this placement and integrated a motorised slider on top of the phone, which houses both the front and rear cameras and pops-up instantly as the camera app opens or the phone needs to be unlocked via Face Unlock.
- OPPO claims that the sliding operations of the camera are smooth and it takes only 0.5 seconds to pop-up. OPPO calls its motorised camera setup as ‘Stealth 3D’ camera system. Of course, this kind of sophisticated mechanism for the camera could be a deal breaker for those who want a durable smartphone, but OPPO claims that the Find X is a durable phone and the company has performed over 300,000 durability tests before launching the phone.
- The second unique feature has to be its almost all-screen design, which is something that Lenovo promised us with the Lenovo Z5 but failed to attain. OPPO has done a commendable job here by achieving 93.8 per cent of screen-to-body ratio on the Find X. This design not only makes the phone beautiful but also offers even screen real estate to the users. The OPPO Find X packs a 6.42-inch full-HD+ AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
- The third feature is not unique as we have already seen it on the iPhone X but it is the first on any Android phone. We are talking about the 3D facial recognition feature on the OPPO Find X, which has been integrated on the hardware level that makes it more secure than the same tech on Android phones that have only utilised it on the software level. Besides, the Find X is equipped with a dot projector, an infrared camera, and a flood illuminator, together these three make the O-Face Recognition (Face Unlock system on the Find X) work even in dim surroundings.
BIG NEWS. Its official now. The phone that made some serious headlines is going to be launched in India. The #OPPOFindX with its ZERO Bezel ZERO Notch Full Screen and very clever motorised camera to be unveiled on 12th of July. Watch this space for more #FindMore pic.twitter.com/c2wFyl0J4T
— Rajiv Makhni (@RajivMakhni) July 5, 2018
- The fourth feature is related to connectivity; the Find X comes equipped with global LTE bands. It is quite an effective integration for the users who travel all around the world.
- The front and rear cameras on the OPPO Find X boast AI-assisted features. The dual cameras at the rear of the motorised panel are claimed to detect 21 scenarios and enhance the photos accordingly. On the other hand, the selfie snapper on the front is equipped with AI-backed ‘Omoji’ feature that is OPPO’s version of Apple’s Animoji. It maps users face and creates an animated avatar based on that.
Other Specifications: the Oppo Find X runs Android 8.1 Oreo-based ColorOS 5.1. It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU, 8GB of RAM, and 256GB of non-expandable internal storage. There is a 16MP+20MP dual camera setup at the rear of the motorised slider. It is loaded with features such as AI portraits and AI Scene Recognition. On the front, the Find X has a 25MP selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture. The AI-assisted 3D Camera also supports 3D lighting with artistic filters.
A 3730mAh battery with VOOC fast charging completes the package. Connectivity options supported by the Find X include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, USB-Type C port, and GPS. It’s worth noting that the phone ditches 3.5mm headphone jack, but bundles USB Type-C to audio jack adapter.
Oppo Find X
Special Feature :
Primary Camera : Pop-up Dual: 16 MP + 20 MP
Secondary Camera : Pop-up 25 MP (f/2.0)
Processor :2.5GHz octa-core
RAM : 8GB
OS : Android 8.1
Storage : 256GB
Battery : 3730 mAh
Everyone take chance pic.twitter.com/bV6sDqj4uF
— Shatrughan Angadrao (@ShatrughanAnga1) July 11, 2018
OPPO Find X: Price in India: The OPPO Find X price in India is Rs. 59,990 and it is available in Glacier Blue and Bordeaux Red colour options. OPPO has partnered exclusively with Flipkart for online sales of the phone starting August 3, 2018. Pre-orders for the Find X will begin on July 25, 2018. For those who pre-order the phone, will receive a gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 from Flipkart.