A homemade pedicure can be done using natural ingredients and gives you desirable results and are much cheaper and very simple to carry out. You would not believe but these natural ingredients are present in our kitchen and garden. Don’t worry, it is not all rocket science. Doing pedicure at home is very easy.
Let’s gather the essentials first. You’ll need:
- Pumice stone
- Nail brush
- Nail cleaner
- Olive oil
- Cuticle pusher
- A heavy duty moisturising cream
- Nail cutter
- Herbal shampoo
- A tub of hot water
- Marigold flowers
- Honey and towels.
1. Clean your nails with acetone and cut and file them according to the required length and shape.
2. Massage a little cream or honey on the nails and dip into a tub of hot soapy water. To make the experience more spa-like, add a capful of distilled white vinegar (to cleanse and tone), a few drops of tea tree oil (to banish stinky bacteria), or a few tablespoons of Epsom salts (to help with achy feet). Now soak your feet for around 15 minutes.
3. Once the nails and skins have softened, clean the nails with the help of the brush, and use a pumice stone to dislodge dead skin on the heels. Pat dry and clean the nails with a cleaner and cuticle pusher.
4. Apply cuticle oil to the skin around your nails.
5. Scrub the feet with a pumice stone to remove the dead skin cells. A scraper can be used to clear the hard and dead skin on the heels.
6. Wash the feet clean and apply a thick moisturizer on the whole feet up to the knees.
7. Clean your feet and mix 2 tsp each of honey and cream and massage well into the skin. Wipe out with hot towel and you are done!
8. You can also use any of the home moisturizers such as olive oil or almond oil whichever is handy to you.
9. After moisturizing your feet, you can use nail paint according to your choice and make your feet look great.
Natural beauty tips for home pedicure
* Cracks in the feet must be treated with Vaseline applied at night and socks worn over them.
* Massage the feet often with almond oil or olive oil.
* Yellow toenail can be cleared by soaking them in lemon juice for 10 minutes and then washing them off with water.
* Application of clear nail polish every alternate day will make the shine of the nails last longer.
* The toes can be given a perfect shine and gloss by applying some glitter over the nail paint.
Doing a pedicure at your place will not cost you anything except your time to pamper yourself and your feet. Give yourself some “me time” and inevitably your feet will become soft and beautiful.
Try this at home and let us know your feedback in the comments section below!
Source- Ndtv.com, lifealth.com, beautyhealthtips.in, Internet