Thai curry is very popular in India. Thai cuisine is made with various types of curry paste. Though Thai curry dish is made from curry paste, coconut milk or water, meat, seafood, vegetables or fruit, but today we will share a recipe of Thai curry with vegetables. Hope you’ll like this twist. Lets have a look…
1 cup brown basmati rice, rinsed
2 teaspoons coconut oil or olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Pinch of salt
½ bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and sliced into 2-inch long pieces
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup chopped mushroom
2 tablespoon Thai green curry paste which is easily available in the market
1 cup coconut milk or according to your taste
½ cup water
1 ½ teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- To cook the rice- Add rinsed rice and continue boiling for 30 minutes. Drain the rice and pour it into the pot. Cover and let the rice rest for 10 minutes or longer, until you’re ready to serve.
- Add a couple teaspoons of oil into a pan. Cook the onion, ginger and garlic, add a salt after minutes. Then add the asparagus and carrots and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add curry paste and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk into the pan, along with ½ cup water and 1 ½ teaspoons sugar.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, Add spinach into the mixture and cook until the spinach has wilted(about 30 seconds). Remove the curry from heat and add rice with vinegar and soy sauce. Add salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish with the chopped sprinkle of red pepper flakes, and other vegetables like tomato, cucumber if you’d like.
Serve with hot rice and vegetables. Do try this recipe and share your experience with us in the comment section below!