Thanksgiving is one of the most celebrated holiday seasons in the United States of America. Thanksgiving is usually celebrated to thank the Almighty for all food and things he has given us. Thanksgiving is celebrated all over in the world and India too has started celebrating it. Restaurants all over the country guarantee this with their special Thanksgiving menu in which they include a glass of wine and the feast of a lifetime. Many people also celebrate Thanksgiving at home with family & friends with special Thanksgiving menu. So here is the recipe for the special day.
2 cups (500 ml) red pumpkin ( kaddu)
1 1/4 cups condensed milk
2 tbsp spices or garam masala (your choice)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg beaten
- Wash, peel and chop a little sugar pumpkin. Add salt, pepper, some olive oil and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix garam masala, ginger, cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, sugar and spices, and egg (according to taste).
- Now start mixing condensed milk slowly.
- Pour pumpkin filling into the ready-made pie crust.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, then lower heat to 350°F for 45-60 minutes. Tasty pie is ready and you can serve it with melt hot chocolate for your family and friends.
Thanksgiving Day in the United States is a holiday on fourth Thursday (23)November. So celebrate the beautiful bond of love and trust on thanks giving day with your family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving Day !