Tulsi is a miraculous herb known to be very soothing for the skin. Be it your pimples, acne, or blackheads, or dandruff and hair loss, basil does wonders. It is packed with vitamins, electrolytes, minerals and phyto nutrients. Also known as the ‘queen of herbs’, Tulsi / Holy Basil is a sacred plant in Hindu tradition. From basil seeds to leaves, everything can be used. Tulsi ( Ocimum Tenuiflorum) is one of India’s most sacred herbs because of its various health attributes and healing properties.
Here are top reasons why you need to start including tulsi in your skincare regime to flaunt beautiful skin.
10 Interesting Benefits Of Tulsi:-
- It is a detoxifying agent.
- Tulsi is used to purify and cleanse.
- It soothes inflammation.
- Basil is known as an antioxidant.
- It works as an antibiotic.
- It possesses antibacterial properties.
- Tulsi regulates uric acid levels in the body.
- It is known as an adaptogen.
- Tulsi strengthens immunity.
- It facilitates digestion.
Here is how to make Home Made Tulsi Face Masks & Skin Toner To Get Blemish-Free and Clear Skin.
Tulsi & Milk Face Pack For Skin Brightening:
- Grind tulsi leaves and mix it with milk to form a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on face and leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with water.
- The final step would be to moisturize your skin with a cream.
Use this face pack 2-3 times a week and you will see the difference in 1-2 months
Basil face pack for glowing skin
- Dry leaves of basil and then grind them to get a fine powder.
- Store them overnight in a container.
- Mix fuller’s earth or multani mitti to the powdered leaves. Apply it on the face. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
If you have dry skin, you can mix the powder with curd. This remedy will scrape off the dead cells from the outer layer of the skin making the skin soft and supple.
Tulsi as a skin toner:
- You can make your own toner with basil to tighten your skin.
- Boil a few basil leaves in water for five minutes.
- Add a table spoon of rose water along with a few drops of lemon juice to the concoction.
Sharing is caring!
Do not forget to share your experience in the comments section! We Would love to hear your beautiful thoughts!