Underarm hair is annoying! Well, at least women think so as it makes their armpits look unappealing. Removal of underarm hair is a routine for most women. However, when the salon bills start to add up, one starts to wish there was a cheaper alternative.
There are some highly effective hair removal techniques that are simple, natural, and can be practiced right at the home without spending tons of money. In this article, let us talk about those easy homemade ways to remove underarm hair along with other alternatives that you can also give a try:
Egg & Corn Flour Mask for Removal of Underarms Hair:
- White of egg
- ½ tsp corn flour dust
- 1 tsp sugar
Directions for use:
- In a bowl, add egg, corn flour and sugar one after the other and mix till a fine paste.
- Apply to the underarm and let it dry. It will form a thin mask over the skin.
- Once it dries completely, peel off the mask firmly in the direction opposite to the hair growth.
Remove Underarm Hair By Waxing (Home Made Wax) At Home
Take exactly 2 cups of sugar, ¼ cup of water, ¼ cup of honey, ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice in a separator.
Now bring that separator or the saucepan to boil. The ingredients should be put to boil under the slow flame. You must cook this to around half an hour time. They you will see that the mixture becomes deep brown in color. In the candy thermometer it will reach 246 degrees. Now remove the separator from the flame and keep it under the room temperature to cool.
Now you must wash your underarms and clean them so that no sweat appears. After washing your underarms with water, allow it to pat dry. Now dust the under arms with the baby powder. People should use baby powder as it removes extra oil from the body. Also Read: Get Rid Of Underarm Odor (Smelly Armpits): 5 Home Remedies & Tips
Now spread the naturally obtained wax syrup with the spoon or your hand over the portion of your under arm where you wish to remove the unwanted hair. If you are doing this for the first time, you must apply it in the small area at first. You must also check whether this wax produces allergic reaction on your skin. You can try this in the small area of your hand where hairs are available. Once you are sure that, it does not have any allergic reaction once it touches your skin, you can confidently apply this on your under arms.
Allow the mixture to harden fir some time and then use the other hand to pick up the sugary wax from your under arms. You must pull your under arm skin really tight so that it does not form wrinkle. You have to be in a quick motion to pull off the wax. Also Read: 5 Miraculous Home Remedies For Whitening Dark Underarms
Now, if there is some left over residue of the wax after pulling out all unwanted hair, it is important to clean the residue with Luke warm water and soap. It is important to use a light moisturizer over the under arms after removing the wax from that place. This will keep your skin soft and smooth.
The wax that you have made with the natural ingredients must be stored in a cool place so that you can use it whenever you see hairs on your hands, legs and even you’re under arms. It will remain in a good condition once stored in refrigerator.
Remove Underarm Hair Using A Razor (Shaving)
You Will Need
- Sharp Razor
- Shaving cream/Hot Shower
- Cucumber Juice/Coconut Oil
– Get into a hot shower or thoroughly cleanse your armpits with warm water.
– Step out of the shower for a minute and exfoliate your armpit by gently rubbing it with a coarse towel.
– Step back into the shower with your razor. Alternatively, you could apply shaving cream onto your armpit for lubrication.
– Ensure that your razor is sharp and start shaving with your arms raised over your head. If you have sensitive skin, avoid shaving against the direction of hair growth. If you don’t have sensitive skin, you can shave across the grain for a closer shave. However, this might cause ingrown hair.
– Shower with cold water or rinse your armpits with cold water after you’ve finished shaving. This will help close your pores and prevent infection.
– Pat your armpits dry with a towel.
– Moisturize with cucumber juice or coconut oil.
2-3 days depending on the rate of hair growth. Give yourself a week’s break every once in a while.
Have you tried any of these armpit hair removal methods? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!