Mahabharat, the great Indian epic is full of facts & knowledge. It is so popular that even young kids know the names of the main characters and the sequence of the epic.
“Mahabharata” means the Great story of “Bharata” and there are many versions and retelling of the epic.
Today, we bring you some lesser known stories and dark secrets that we found out!
Have a look..
1. Pandava brother Sahadev, knew everything about the future. He already knew about the war, but did not tell anyone because he was cursed to die if he revealed anything.
2. Not all kaurvas were bad, one of Duryodhana’s 99 brothers Vikarna had even questioned Duryodhana for unclothing Draupadi. He also protested against Draupadi being staked in dice game.
3. Duryodhan’s wife (Bhanumati )was a devotee of Lord Krishna.
4. Duryodhana’s real name was Suyodhana, but they were all some nicknames to suit their bad reputation and deeds.
5. Why Krishna took life of Ghatotkach son Barbarika (Bheema’sGrandson) before Mahabharata?
6. By Lord Shiva’s blessings, Barbarika had many powers including killing his enemies with special arrows. But he took an oath that he will always fight from the weaker side. Krishna was worried as he already knew that there would be a time when his side(Pandavas) will be strong and Kauravas will be weak then Barbarika will fight against Pandavas.
7. Duryodhan had a beautiful daughter, by the name of Lakshmana. Lord Krishna’s son Saamb/Samba had married her.
8. Eklavya was actually Lord Krishna’s cousin.
Watch Video: 5 Interesting Facts about Mahabaratha that we didn’t know of
Out of many facts and hidden things, these were some shocking dark secrets of Mahabharata.
We Hope You enjoyed reading our post. Stay connected for more updates!