Saraswati PujaKnowledge and skills are the most important needs for any task on this earth. Goddess Saraswati is the source of all knowledge, skills, technology, art and performance. Maa Saraswati gives blessings to people in pursuit of knowledge or creative pursuits. She can free one from lethargy and ignorance.
It is good to pray to Saraswati before tests or when seeking to become knowledgeable about something new. It is believed that appeasing Goddess Saraswati will remove all the obstacles that one will encounter during his or her career or education.
This year we are celebrating saraswati Puja or Basant Panchami on 10th February 2019. So, one must always know what are the things that are sacred and what are not, before performing Saraswati Puja.
Benefits of Saraswati Puja
• Regular performance of Saraswati puja at home can bring auspiciousness inside the household.
• Students and working professionals will shine in their studies and work performance respectively.
- Harmony will prevail in home and you will be able to make the right judgment with regard to every issue.
• Saraswati puja will remove all the obstacles to progress. You will find easily climbing the ladder of success.
• Good marks, high social status, promotions and business developments are the invaluable benefits of Saraswati puja
How She Is Worshiped
Sri Chakra Puja
You Will Need:
- White clothes in silk or cotton (a gold border is preferred)
- Picture of Ma Saraswati
- A Sri Chakra (see below. Either purchase a metal one or print this out and laminate)
- A silver or brass plate (avoid steel or plastic)
- Ghee Lamp with five or seven lights
- Incense sticks
- Food (such as rice pudding with milk and sugar, plain milk, or other milk sweets)
- White rice
- White silk or cotton cloth
- Japa beads (optional)
- Milk or panchamruta (a mixture of milk, yogurt, cow ghee, honey, and sugar)
- Pure water
- White sandalwood powder, white rice grains, silver flowers, white flowers and/or white pearls or crystal beads (optional)
Here is the process
1) Bathe and dress in clean white clothes (the gold border is said to retain the energy of the puja in the subtle body)
2) In the altar room sit facing east. Place the image of Ma Saraswati in front of you and the Sri Chakra in front of that on the metal plate. Also Read: These 7 Habits Can Drift Away Goddess Lakshmi From You
3) Light the lamp and keep it lit through out. Offer two or three sticks of incense by lighting them and waving them in a clockwise direction in front of the image.
4) Offer food by placing it in front of the altar
5) Chant saraswati Mantra
Basant Panchami 2019: Date, Pooja Timings and Mahurat For Saraswati Puja and Basant Panchami
Saraswati Puja and Basant Panchami falls on 10th February 2019 this year.
Panchami Tithi Begins – 12:25 on 9/Feb/2019
Panchami Tithi Ends – 14:08 on 10/Feb/2019 (Source: Drikpanchang.com)
Here’s wishing all of you a very Happy Basant Panchami and Saraswati Puja 2019.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!