Good Friday has a special significance for all Christians. It is believed that on this day Lord Jesus Christ sacrificed his life to protect humanity. Good Friday is celebrated every year in April or May. This festival is being celebrated on March 30 this year. On this day, people remember the sacrifice and contributions of Lord Jesus. It is believed that on this day Jesus Christ was crucified. This day is also called Holly Friday, Black Friday or Great Friday.
It is said that on this day, Christ sacrificed his life and presented the example of true love and sacrifice before the world. According to a belief, on Good Friday, Jesus Christ was crucified at 3 o’clock in the afternoon. This is the reason why people gather at church in the afternoon and pray on this day.
Many people also keep fast on this day. Before Jesus died, he was tortured very much and he sacrificed his life while remembering God. On this day people go to church and recite the messages of Jesus. On this day people do not celebrate or do any kind of celebration. Instead they pray and remember Jesus.
On this day, Awaaznation.com has compiled some of the best messages and quotes to send on Good Friday to your family, friends and dear ones
Good Friday Messages
* Praying for you on Good Friday so the Lord keeps you in his mind.
* Just like Jesus was there for us, so I will be there for you!
* Jesus accepted the good and bad in humans and I hope you will do the same for me!
* I hope I am in your prayers as you are in mine, stay blessed.
* It’s a day to cherish and praise the Lord,
* Start this Good Friday with prayers and fasting so that we can earn God’s mercy and forgiveness.
Good Friday Quotes
* “Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime.” – Martin Luther
* “Stoning prophets and erecting churches to their memory afterwards has been the way of the world through the ages. Today we worship Christ, but the Christ in the flesh we crucified.” – Mahatma Gandhi
* “For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. “– Mark
* “Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.” -Isaiah
* “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.” -John
* “Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus. The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. He took our guilt and blame upon Himself so we could be with Him in paradise.”-Anonymous
Watch Video: The History of Good Friday
Good Friday is a time of reflection and devotion for Christians around the world