Guru Nanak Jayanti celebrates the significance of the birth of Guru Nanak, the first Sikh Guru. This Jayanti is also regarded as Guru Nanak’s Prakash Utsav and Guru Nanak Gurpurab. Guru Nanak Dev was the founder of Sikhism and he is the first among the 10 gurus of Sikhs.
Throughout his life he motivated his followers to become a better person in themselves.
Here are top 10 motivational quotes of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. These quotes will change your perspective towards life and fill you with positive thoughts.
1. God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form.
2. Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.
3. I am not the born, how can there be either birth or death for me?
4. ‘He who has no faith in himself can never have faith in God.’
5. Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.
6. There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was true in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now.”
7. Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets
8. Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.”
Guru Nanak was a great Indian saint and founder of Sikhism. People from every quarter have faith in him and his teachings.