India is the nation with wide diversity, there are different shades of colourfull festivals celebrated. Today India celebrates the birthday of Mohammad. He is widely known for his lessons of humanity, faith and cultural values.
Milad-un-Nabi or Eid-e-Milad. It is a day dedicated to Prophet Mohammad and his teachings. However, Eid-e-Milad is both a day to celebrate and to mourn, since it is also the death anniversary of the Prophet. All Muslims around the globe celebrate Id-E-Milad by paying honour to Prophet Mohammad.
Celebration of Id-E-Milad
- Muslims gather from the entire city for the special prayer which is like Thanksgiving to the God. People, actually thank God for the blessings that he has bestowed on them. On this day, new Imam is appointed and people rejoice over that.
- People take out processions and shout praises about Prophet Mohammad on the streets.
- Gatherings are seen where teachings of Prophet Mohammad is discussed and meetings are organized for the same purpose.
- Children are told about Prophet and his teachings. Most of the Muslim women cook special dishes on this day in their house with an intention of paying tribute to Prophet Mohammad.
- Houses, streets and mosques are decorated with flags, lightings and buntings.
- The celebrations keep in gaining momentum and reach to its peak by the end of the day.
- Children are seen taking part with enthusiasm and zeal and they also take the active part in decorating streets and mosques along with their houses.
- Children and young people go from door to door to collect funds to celebrate this occasion.
- Various stalls of badges, stickers, banners and buntings are seen by the side of the streets.
- Men wear Jubbhas and women wear Abayas so that to show their complete devotion to the religion. This also shows that they are followers of the preaching of Prophet Mohammad. Normally the colours chosen for the specific dress is white and green.