Munshi Premchand is a name that needs no introduction. He has a number of novels, short stories, essays and translations to his name like Godan, Idgaah, Bade Bhaisaab, Gaban and Poos Ki Raat among his other great writings. Premchand was born on July 31, 1880 in Lamhi village near Varanasi. Munshi Premchand started writing from the age of 13. Initially he wrote some plays. Then late he started writing novels in Urdu. In this way, his literary journey began, which remained with him till his death.
His words teach a lot about love and life in general. Today, in the honor of his 138th birth anniversary, here are some teachings that remain valid even today.
1. My life is simple and rough. Munshi Premchand To be successful in life what you need is education, not literacy and degrees.
2. Trust is the first step to love.
3. Beauty doesn’t need ornaments. Softness can’t bear the weight of ornaments.
4. We all have to die some day . Not very many immortals have shown up in this world.
5. People are so selfish. Those you help are the ones who turn against you.
6. Like timidity, bravery is also contagious.
7. Trees bear fruits only to be eaten by others; the fields grown grains, but they are consumed by theworld. Cows give milk, but she doesn’t drink it herself – that is left to others. Clouds send rain only to quench the parched earth. In such giving, there is little space for selfishness.
8. What people think in their heart gets out, no matter how much they try to hide it.
9. To be successful in life what you need is education, not literacy and degrees.
10. Trust begets trust and untrust begets untrust. It’s natural.
Here is how twitter is paying tribute to the legend!
Nation remembers #MunshiPremchand on his 138th birth anniversary, one of the most prolific Hindi-Urdu writers known for his works like Shatranj ke khiladi, Godaan, Gaban and several others pic.twitter.com/PT4NsCbSWy
— Doordarshan News (@DDNewsLive) July 31, 2018
— Film History Pics (@FilmHistoryPic) July 31, 2018
“Communalism is always clamouring to culture. Perhaps it is ashamed of being seen in its true form. Like the donkey that wears a lion’s skin and lords over the animals in a jungle,communalism wraps itself in the garb of culture.”#MunshiPremchand
It’s his birthday today! Salute! pic.twitter.com/BH6VwknAtl
— Anand Pradhan (@apradhan1968) July 31, 2018
“Like timidity, bravery is also contagious” ~ Munshi Premchand
— Diya Kumari (@KumariDiya) July 31, 2018
— Congress (@INCIndia) July 31, 2018
The Famous Indian writer #MunshiPremChand was born in the year 1880, 31st July and his original name is Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava. Today his birth anniversary and i observed his Birthday with a great honours and paying tribute to him for his great work for Indian literatuur ! pic.twitter.com/YmfqhylXVK
— CongressSevadal (@CongSevadal) July 31, 2018
We remember #MunshiPremchand also known as ‘Upanyas Samrat’ on his 139th birth anniversary!
Stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!