Nowadays UP’s election fever is at the high level. Yogi Aditya Nath and Amit Shah chemistry are going to make a blast chemical that boosts the economy. Here we are sharing some rare details of Yogi Adityanath.
- Adityanath’s original name was Ajay Singh. He changed his name after becoming a ‘sanyasi’.
- In Gorakhpur riots of 2007, a Hindu boy was killed after some people opened fire on a Muslim procession that took place on the occasion of Moharam. When the youth succumbed to the injuries, Adityanath vowed to deliver justice to Hindus.
- He has been one of the largest figures to bring up the issue of religious conversions in relationships asserting that ‘if one Hindu girl is converted to Islam then they will convert 100 Muslim women to Hinduism’.
- Yogi Adityanath is believed to be the originator of a “purification” drive for conversion of Christians to Hinduism in 2005 which stunned the nation. Following radical beliefs, in 2015, he stated that Indians who don’t like yoga should leave the country and be drowned.
- He is a strong supporter of the “anti-Romeo squads” that strike on public displays of affection, especially among unmarried couples.He has been saying that the squad will work towards restoring the pride of women.
- Yogi Adityanath’s Hindu Yuva Vahini launched a mission to declare the cow as “Rashtra Maata” (mother of the nation). It even started a missed-call subscription initiative in Aligarh to gather support for the cause. It marked a socio-social outfit, its volunteers were known to utilize solid arm strategies in mobs, bovine insurance drives and to stop ‘love jihad’.
Charges Against Him
Adityanath of the BJP has several criminal cases pending against him. Some of the cases where cognizance has been taken are: 3 charges related to rioting (IPC Section-147); 1 charge related to Attempt to murder (IPC Section-307); 2 charges related to Rioting, armed with deadly weapon (IPC Section-148); 1 charges related to Act endangering life or personal safety of others (IPC Section-336); 1 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object (IPC Section-149); 2 charges related to Trespassing on burial places, etc. (IPC Section-297); 1 charges related to criminal intimidation (IPC Section-506).