Balasaheb Thackeray commonly known as Baal Thackeray, a personality that influenced the national politics or it can say that the man who ruled Maharashtra parallelly with state government. Here we sharing some very interesting facts of Baal Thackeray and its shivs Sena as well.
Ideology Of Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena, meaning Army of Shiva, referring to Shivaji) is a nationalist political party in India founded on June 19, 1966, by Bal Thackeray, who is currently the president of the party. The Sena’s ideology is based on the concepts of ‘Bhumiputra’ (Marathi for “Sons of the Soil”) and Hindutva or Hindu nationalism. The ‘Bhumiputra’ ideology refers to the Shiv Sena’s belief that Maharashtrians deserve more rights in Maharashtra than those who are not from Maharashtra.
- Shiv Sena has its employment cell Shiv Udyog Sena. Bharatiya Kamgar Sena (“Indian Worker’s Army”), a labour union, is affiliated to the Shiv Sena. The Bharatiya Vidyarthi Sena (“India Students’ Army”) is the student wing of Shiv Sena.
About Baal Thackeray
- Balasaheb Thackeray was the social activist, writer, cartoonist, and a seasoned politician who advocated about united Maharashtra and Maharashtrians.
- Balasaheb Keshav Thackeray started his career as a cartoonist in the English daily The Free Press Journal in Mumbai.
- His cartoons were also published in Sunday edition of The Times of India. Balasaheb launched a cartoon weekly Marmik in 1960, an anti-migrant satirical weekly.
- He led the United Maharashtra Movement and fights for Maharashtra with Mumbai as capital.
- Balasaheb Thackeray was the founder of Saamana Marathi newspaper where he generally likes to write and edit his views. The paper was launched in 1989.
- Saamna- the Sena mouthpiece:-In Saaman Editorial, once he signed “Ek Bihari, Sau Bimari”.
- The Sarkar series of movies was purely based on Thackeray.
- His Shiv Saniks were accused of Mumbai riots after Babri Masjid demolition and vandalizing of Wankhede Stadium against Indo-Pak tie.
Admire By Hitler
Bal Thackeray openly admired Adolf Hitler and was an anti-communist. However, he was then criticized for his choice to love Adolf.
“Hitler did very cruel and ugly things. But he was an artist, I love him (for that). He had the power to carry the whole nation, the mob with him. You have to think what magic he had. He was a miracle…. The killing of Jews was wrong. But the good part about Hitler was that he was an artist. He was a daredevil. He had good qualities and bad. I may also have good qualities and bad ones”