While inaugurating a two-day workshop on computerisation of Public Distribution System (PDS), at Pragna Bhawan in Agartala, Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb came up with a new scientific interpretation for the evolution of internet when he said internet existed in the days of Mahabharata as well.
“Internet and satellite communication had existed in the days of Mahabharata. How could Sanjaya (the charioteer of King Dhritarashtra) give a detailed account and description to the blind king about the battle of Kurukshetra? It means internet was there, the satellites and that technology was there in this country at that time,”
“Internet and satellite system had existed in India during lakhs of years ago. The richest culture belongs to our nation and I feel proud of it. Even today in internet and software technology, we are ahead. See Microsoft, it may be a U.S. company but most of its engineers are all from our country,” he added.
But, again today India has regained its position in technology in the world and it can be proved from the fact that a large number of software engineers play a vital role in the US companies,” the Chief Minister said.
Our Prime Minister himself is active on social networking sites and he asks the MPs and even the Chief Ministers about their presence on social media. We are lucky enough to have a guardian-like Prime Minister,” he added.
Biplab said these things in a program of Agartala’s Pragna Bhawan PDS System.
– He said that our culture and civilization are quite old. We have been using technology since ancient times.
– Talking about the working of Indians in big tech companies, Deb said that Indians are behind the big tech companies such as Microsoft etc. They are making significant contributions to engineering.
– He is proud that he was born in a country which is so forward in the field of technology.
– This statement of Biplab has come at a time when the BJP’s central minister Satyapal Singh said in the past that the theory of origin of Charles Darwin was wrong.
Biblab praised Modi
– Deb praised PM Modi and said that he has promoted digitization. Because of him, every person has reached it.
– To connect with people, Modi is known for using Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter.
Biplab Deb heads the BJP-Indigenous People’s Front of Tripura coalition government that came in power last month after defeating the Communist Party of India-Marxist-led Left Front first time in 25 years.
“Tripura CM Biplap Deb” is trending on Twitter with many indians mocking him.
This raises a few questions. Why didn’t Abhimanyu ask Quora how to escape the Chakravyuha? Why did Sanjay narrate the Kurukshetra War when Siri could have done it? Also, Krishna really should have streamed the Bhagavad-Gita on Facebook Live. https://t.co/vrauX1UIpZ#Mahabharata
— Audrey Truschke (@AudreyTruschke) April 17, 2018
— Kshitij Nagar (@KshitijNagar)
The chief minister of India’s Tripura state says that his country has been using the Internet since the era of the Hindu epic Mahabharata.
So I think that would mean around the 10th century BC.
No wonder India leads the world in trolls.https://t.co/SBqWZ2fgMM
— Arif Rafiq (@ArifCRafiq) April 18, 2018
Well what do you think about these statements by Tripura’s CM?