Chhattisgarh, a rising star destination in India for travellers, is where I belong to. Chhattisgarh, the last bastion of Indian Tribes. when you all set for a weeklong trip to Chhattisgarh as a travel blogger you feel nostalgia at its best. Places, like Chitrakote, Gangrel, Sirpur, Tirathgarh, Kanger Valley National Park etc where you intend to visit, give life to many candid memories.
Of Majestic Sceneries And Potential Tourism, India’s biggest waterfall is situated in Bastar, Chhattisgarh.This doesn’t mean there are no internal forces or threats like Naxalism etc but then every state has its own issues and we must come together to combat the same.
Foremost Producers of Steel in India
- Chhattisgarh is the 10th largest state in India and has the powerhouse of steel in India: BSP-Bhilai Steel Plant. It accounts for 15% of the steel produced in India which is also the 10 times winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for bets integrated steel plants in India.
A treasure house of Tribal Culture
- The place is an amazing treasure house of age-old tribal culture and history. Not to forget the world famous bell metal handicrafts and terracotta items. With many tribes like Gond, Pando, Korwa, Bheel, Kamar, Baiga, Abujhmar who live in Chhattisgarh. Every one of them has separate customs and lifestyle which truly make Chhattisgarh an amalgamation of cultures!
New Industrial Policies Will Help Us Grow
- The new updated industrial policy of Chhattisgarh affirms the state’s industrial policy for 2014-19 with the support of ‘Make in Chhattisgarh’ campaign by offering priority to the manufacturing commercial ventures. This will accelerate us further in the growth chart giving a much-required boost to ‘Make in India’
Growth Rate is Commendable
We have innumerable cement plants and are a huge hub of paddy culture. We have a high growth rate of NSDP (8.2% vs. 7.1% All India over 2002–2008) which is higher than any other state across the country. And yet here I am answering the ignorants and enlightening them.
Producer of Tendu Leaves & Rice Bowl of India
- The state accounts for 70% of Tendu Leaves and is also known as “Dhan Ka Katora” means “Rice Bowl” of Nation.
A Huge Wealth of Natural Resources
- First in the nation for coal production. First in tin production. Third in Iron-ore production! This is just a glimpse of our contribution to India’s growth chart.
- Chhattisgarh has 3 National Parks and 11 wildlife sanctuaries making it one of the most important contributors to the flora and fauna map of India.
More to Women Power!
- We have a high Sex Ratio of 991/1000 putting it at 5th among Indian states. Talk about diversity, we are practising it and setting an example for the Nation.
- Its home to a large Tibetan Population at Mainpat, also known as the Shimla of Chhattisgarh, offers some of the enchanting views of nature and is home to only Buddha Temple of Chhattisgarh. His Highness Dalai Lama has visited this place ensuring a permanent place for Mainpat in Tibetan History.