If you are the parent of a girl child, then you should know that your daughter is eligible for many financial incentives. From her education right upto savings for her marriage, she can easily get subsidies, quotas and loans.
While such schemes are mostly targeted towards girls from financially poor backgrounds, it is not a necessity. These are benefits that anybody with a girl child can avail.
But what are these schemes and how can you apply for them? Let us take a look at the most important financial incentive schemes for a girl child in India.
SHE = Skillful
SHE = Happiness
SHE = Empathetic
Imagine a world without HER.
— Ministry of WCD (@MinistryWCD) October 11, 2018
1. C.B.S.E. Scholarship Scheme 2016
This scheme is a central government scheme for single girl child to boost up girl education in India. The objective of the scheme is to give some relaxation in school tuition fee. Another aim of this scheme is to promote single girl child. It is available only for a single girl child, she must be a student of a government school.
Under this scheme, the girl will get a relaxation of Rs.500 per month in her school tuition fee.
- The girl should have scored 60 percent or 6.2 CGPA in her 10th boards.
- The girl should be a student of a government school. (Till 10th boards)
- She should be the single girl child of her parents.
- Her school fee should not be more than Rs.1500 a month.
How to apply
This scheme can be easily applied online. All you need to do is click the below link, click on “Apply online“, and submit your details.
If we talk about Saving Girl then we should follow Supreme Leader #SantRampal Ji
Becoz his followers don't take & give Dowry in marriage.
Follow to Sant #Rampal Ji .
So #BetiBachaoBetiPadhao campaign can be successful.
Must Watch this videopic.twitter.com/IvlEymhygk
— Kailash Bhati (@Kailash1Bhati) October 11, 2018
2. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna
This is a very famous central government scheme for single girl child. This government schemes for girl child is a part of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign. The objective of this girl child scheme in India is to save the girl child and provide her better education and secure good future for her. This scheme works like a saving plan. This is a wonderful plan for those parents who want to begin early for their daughter’s education and wedding. Under this scheme, there is no strict minimum amount to invest. You can deposit as little as Rs.100. The account remains active until 21 years from the date of opening the account.
This government schemes for girl child fetches a good benefit of 9.1 percent. Moreover, you will get tax benefits too. For tax benefits, you will need to submit the premium slip along with other details while submitting income tax saving proofs.
- The girl should be less than 10 years old.
- The opening amount of the account is Rs 1,000.
- The maximum amount one can deposit is Rs 1,50,000 a year.
- Parents will have to pay in the account for 14 years. For example, you opened the account when your daughter was 3 years old, you will need to invest in this account until the girl turns 17 (3+14).
How to Apply
One can open this account at the nearest post office or bank. This account can be transferred from one place to another one a later date.
International #DayoftheGirl aims to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face.
— PIB India (@PIB_India) October 11, 2018
3. Balika Samridhi Yojna
The Balika Samridhi Yojna was launched by the Govt. of India on 15th August 1997. All girls who are born on or after 15 August 1997 are eligible for this scheme. As the name suggests, Balika Samridhi Yojna meant to be for the upliftment of girls. This government schemes for the girl child is available for both rural and urban areas.
Under this girl child scheme in India, the girl child will get two benefits. First, a gift of Rs. 500 at the time of her birth and second, a fixed amount will be deposited in her account whenever she heads to the next class during her school days (till class 10th). Below is the list of monetary benefit for the girl child:
|I-III||Rs.300/annum for each class|
|VI-VII||Rs.700/annum for each class|
|IX-X||Rs.1000/annum for each class|
- The girl should be born on or after 15 August,997.
- She should belong to below poverty line.
- Only two girls from one family can avail the benefits.
How to Apply
For First Benefit – As this government schemes for girl child entitles a Rs.500 benefit at the time of birth of the girl. One need to apply individually for this. Below are the links to the same.
For Second Benefit –
- For Rural Areas – The applications can be obtained from the nearest Anganwadi worker.
- For Urban Areas – The applications forms are available from the nearest Health Functionaries.