Delhi and its National Capital Region (NCR) received heavy rain morning bringing relief from humidity and hot weather. But it has an another not so good side as well. The rain lead to a road cave-in, building and wall collapses, water-logging in colonies and inside buildings, and long traffic jams in various parts of the National Capital Region.
Delhi’s monsoon has arrived and the rain obviously improved the weather, but caused trouble for commuters as many areas were water-logged. Though the rains brought respite from the humid conditions and brought down the mercury, the water-logged roads and potholes brought traffic to a halt in many areas, even as the traffic police was actively listing routes that should be avoided
Check out the visuals of waterlogging from Parliament to NCR region
— ANI (@ANI) July 26, 2018
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) July 26, 2018
Here’s how you can keep yourself safe.
1. Keep a track of monsoon-related updates by watching TV, reading newspapers, following social media updates or listening to the radio.
2. Don’t venture into flood waters. If it is unavoidable, wear suitable footwear.
3. Stay away from broken electric poles, exposed power lines and don’t handle electric equipments while in contact with a wet surface. Also, ensure that faulty electric equipment is repaired or disposed off. Stay away from gutters, sewage lines, wires and debris.
4. Keep a store of extra food, medicines and other essentials ready, in case mobility is hampered due to heavy rain. Also, keep torches and extra batteries handy.
5. While going out in the open, keep valuables in water-proof packets or bags.
6. Avoid speeding in the rain. Ensure that there is adequate distance between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead of you to avoid any accidents.
7. If you’re all by yourself during the heavy rains, use a public transport. They’re safer as compared to your personal car as there are a lot of other people as well.
8. Ideally, avoid taking your vehicles on flooded roads. If the situation is unavoidable, drive slow, avoid roads with potholes and try venturing out during the day.
9. Keep your mobile, laptop charged because power failure for long hours is normal to happen. Don’t use your smartphone unnecessarily. Keep it charges and if you have a powerbank, charge it to the full for emergency use.
10. Follow traffic protocol while on the road, keep head lights on at all times and maintain distance between vehicles.
11. If you’re stranded in the rains, seek refuge in a public place like temple, railway station, church, etc. Do not stand under a tree. Tree is more vulnerable to get struck by lightning than anything else.
12. Consume hygienic food and avoid food that may have been exposed to rain water or prepared in unhygienic conditions.
Well, if you have videos or any picture of today’s rainfall then please share with us.
Have a happy rainy day and stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!