December 3 marks the annual celebration of International Day of Persons with Disabilities. It is an international observance promoted by the United Nations since 1992. In honor of the day, here are some inspiring and motivating quotes from outstanding individuals.
The following quotes might just challenge the way you perceive disability and those who live with it.
These incredible 8 quotes are from successful people who have faced obstacles in their lives and now are helping to make a difference in the world.
Have a look…
1. “My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.” – Stephen Hawking
2. “The world worries about disability more than disabled people do.” – Warwick Davis
3. “Disability is a matter of perception. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone.” – Martina Navratilova
4. “I’m officially disabled, but I’m truly enabled because of my lack of limbs. My unique challenges have opened up unique opportunities to reach so many in need.” – Nick Vujicic
5. “Life is all about balance. Since I have only one leg, I understand that well.” – Sandy Fussell
6. “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn’t mean he lacks vision.” – Stevie Wonder
8. “Try not to associate bodily defect with mental, my good friend, except for a solid reason.” – Charles Dickens
Watch Video: Born Without Arms and Legs – Nick Vujicic Inspires Millions of People
If you want to share more motivational and inspirational quotes that are not mentioned here, share them with us in the comments section! We would love to hear from you!