During the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme on 25th March 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave the clarion call for a ‘Fit India’ – a movement to take the nation forward on the path of fitness and wellness.
- The Prime Minister gave this clarion call while replying to a suggestion on MyGov given by YogeshBhadresa, who called for greater focus on fitness and health among the people of India. ‘Mann Ki Baat’ is replete with such examples, where contributors share their inputs with the Prime Minister and they take the shape of a mass movement.
- PM Narendra Modi also spoke about the importance of Yoga and urged the nation to think about ways to make the 4thInternational Yoga Day a memorable occasion, just like the previous Yoga Day programmes.
Your Yoga Guru – An animated version of PM Modi:
- During the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme, PM Modi also said that so far he was only a Yoga practitioner but now a group of volunteers have made him a Yoga teacher! He referred to a set of animated videos of the PM practising various Asanas, made by a team of volunteers.
- The PM said that he would be sharing these videos periodically on social media.
- Through the video, it is as if PM is himself teaching Yoga. Most commonly used and important asanas have been covered with instructions on how to practice these Asanas, what the benefits of the respective Asana are and other such details.
- Just as a teacher would delve into the minutest postures while teaching Yoga, PM Modi teaches every single asana incomplete, nuanced detail. This attention to detail gives a wonderful learning experience to Yoga enthusiasts.http://https://youtu.be/misHjEvOskI
- Just like PM Modi took Yoga to the nation and to the world with renewed vigour, these videos will bring the wonders of Yoga to you, in your own language.
- Currently, the videos are available in English and Hindi. However, soon, these videos will be made available in multiple Indian languages and also in multiple international languages.
- Attention is being paid even to the accents of the person speaking the language so that it is tuned to the sensibilities of that particular language.
Fit India- a movement that is the need of the hour:
- In contemporary times of stress and lifestyle diseases, fitness is a key part of wellness and plays an important role in keeping us healthy, preventing diseases and ensuring a better quality of life.
- The ‘Fit India’ movement provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work towards a healthier India. As a part of the movement, individuals and organisations can undertake various efforts for their own health and well-being as well as for the health and well-being of fellow Indians.http://https://youtu.be/bnHusj2gpOQ
- Fitness does not mean only physical fitness but also means mental strength and emotional equanimity. The best to achieve all three together, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi has often said, is Yoga.
- Yoga, today, is not just an esoteric practice of the ancient times. It has become a way of life for millions across the world who are looking to move from illness to wellness, from stress to wellbeing.
- Internationally as well as within the nation, Yoga has scaled the heights of popularity in the last few years. This has been spurred by both the personal appeal of PM Modi as a Yoga practitioner himself and his global initiative that resulted in thousands of people across the world celebrating the International Yoga Day.