Google has made a special doodle on the 91st anniversary of well-known writer and Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia. In today’s doodle, you can easily see the full leaf, train and moving sticks.
Writer Gabriel is well known for his book ‘A Hundred Years of Solitude’. Gabriel was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in the year 1982. Apart from this, he had written more than 25 books.
Let us know some facts about the great author on his 91st birth anniversary.
Born on March 6, 1927, Gabriel was also called by the name Gabo. Gabriel’s parents were not there in childhood and the author was raised at his grandmother’s house. Because of his sharp writing skills and magical illustration, he was not only appreciated in Spanish but his writing was read across the world.
He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in the year 1982. Gabriel wrote more than 25 books in his writing. He is considered one of the most important writers in the world who had the ability to attract readers through his magical stories. Gabriel’s writings were also compared with Mark Twain and Charles Dickens.
Gabriel left his studies to become a journalist, and this was his first step into the world of writing. He started with reports and stories, but later managed to make a special identity because of his novels. Marquez died in April 2014. On his death, the then Colombian President John Manuel expressed his grief and said that such a great personality could never die.
Quotes by Gabriel to Bring Magic Back into Your Life
* He who awaits much can expect little.
* The interpretation of our reality through patterns not our own, serves only to make us ever more unknown, ever less free, ever more solitary.
* The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast.
* The heart’s memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good.
* Everything that goes into my mouth seems to make me fat, everything that comes out of my mouth embarrasses me.
* Necessity has the face of a dog.
* Fiction was invented the day Jonas arrived home and told his wife that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a whale.
Watch Video: Interesting Gabriel García Márquez Facts
Stay tuned with Awaaznation.com for more updates! Post your comments in the discussion board below!