Ghulam Nabi Azad (born 7 March 1949) is the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha in the present Government of India. He has been a Member of Seventh and Eighth Lok Sabha from Washim, Maharashtra. He was also the union minister of health and family welfare. Those familiar with him will not be surprised on hearing his weird comments.
Today, Ghulam Nabi Azad took a sly dig at Naresh Agrawal, who recently left the Samajwadi Party to join the Bharatiya Janata Party. He said “Naresh Agarwal ji ek aise suraj hain, idhar doobe, udhar nikle, idhar nikle udhar doobe. Mujhe yaqeen hai jis party mein vo gaye hain vo unki kshamta ka poora upyog karegi (Naresh Agrawal ji is like the Sun which never sets. I am sure that the party which he has joined will make full use of his capabilities.”
It is not the first time he has said something absurdly insensitive. From calling PM Narendra Modi Gangu Teli to blaming electricity for over population, here are the 8 most bizarre statements made by him that will make you facepalm hard.
1. “Unfortunately, we are very poor with PR skills but in serving people- we are superhero.”
2. “If there is electricity in every village, people will watch TV till late night and then fall asleep. They won’t get a chance to produce children. When there is no electricity, there is nothing else to do but produce babies.”
3. “MSM is unnatural and not good for India. It is a disease which has come to India from other countries where men have sex with men. Such people are large in numbers in our country. But it is difficult to identify them as they do not live in clusters like female sex workers.”
4. “Ghulam Nabi Azad’s compared deaths related to demonetisation with casualties in the terror attack in Uri.”
5. “Ghulam Nabi Azad asked who should be held responsible for the deaths of those affected by the scrapping of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.”
7. “You are the supporter of Pakistan & participate in their feast. You send them shawls, mangoes. Also you go to their marriage ceremonies uninvited…,” He said in reference to Modi’s unscheduled visit to Lahore last Christmas to meet Pakistani premier Nawaz Sharif amid preparations for his granddaughter’s marriage.”
8. “That might be between BJP and Kejriwal. So far as Congress party is concerned, we are fighting this election to win.”
Which statement according to you is most bizarre?