“Hafiz Muhammad Saeed”, we all are very familiar with this name. He is known to have founded Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and mastermind of 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
A Judicial Review Board of Pakistan’s Punjab province today 22 November 2017 ordered the release of chief Hafiz Saeed, who has been under house arrest since January.
Here are 8 shocking things more about the terrorist.
1. He was born on May 6, 1950 in Sargodha in the Punjab province of Pakistan and his full name is Hafiz Muhammad Saeed.
2. Hafiz Saeed has a $10 million American bounty on his head. In 2012, the US announced a $10 million i.e. Rs 60 crore reward for information leading to the capture of Hafiz.
3. A shocking facts is that he lives in Pakistan and moves freely.
4. Saeed holds two Masters degrees and has taught Engineering in Lahore. It is also believed that he was a gold-medal student in Saudi Arabia.
5. After Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan’s article published in Outlook Turning Points, Hafiz tweeted, “Any such Muslim, even Shah Rukh who is facing difficulty and discrimination in India because of Islam are invited to live in Pakistan”.
6. He hold rallies in which he openly spews venom full of lies, fake promises, allegations, and demands jihad against India and Israel ‘ideologies’.
7. Hafiz Saeed is considered as the mastermind of the 26/11 terror attacks on Mumbai, along with Zaki-Ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
8. Hafiz Saeed is the founder of Islamic militant organisations like- Lashkar-e-taibba and Jamat-ud-dawah.
Want to share more facts? Tell us in the comment section!